Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jrossano  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:55:18 AM(UTC)
jrossano

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have an Aprilaire 700M Home humidifier that was professionally installed and worked well last winter. This winter I replaced the pad and turned it on bit it's not working. The pad had no moisture at all so i figured it was not getting any water. So I attempted the following troubleshooting.

The water flowed fine to the solenoid and the screen was not clogged. The orifice and hose leading to the evaporator pad were not clogged either. When I turned the humidistat up I heard a click, but no sound at all from the solenoid valve. I tested the voltage in the wires coming from the humidistat and it read 28. So I took those wires and attached the directly to the solenoid wires. Again there was no click from the solenoid when I turned up the humidistat. So I ordered and installed a new 24v solenoid valve (#4040).

But here is the problem - I have the same exact symptom with the new solenoid valve! I again connected the wires from the humidistat to the solenoid and hear nothing. There is 28v coming from the humidistat, but when I connect the wires to the solenoid and measure the voltage reads .1. I don not have a 24v transformer or I’d try testing with that.

Does this give anyone a clue to what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Joe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.