Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tskidmore  
#31 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:40:54 PM(UTC)
tskidmore

Groups: Registered

My Monogram is making this exact same noise, but when I pull out the bottom drawer it is all iced over in the back. Suggestions?
m218perez  
#32 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:06:11 PM(UTC)
m218perez

The black doors that open and close from the left side, control the temperature by letting freezer air to flow into the refridgerator. One or both of the doors could be broken in the open position and freezing up. you can turn the circuit breaker off and put everything in a cooler while you work on it if it is so bad that you need to defrost it. usually you can turn the climate control to the warmest temp for those bins.

Mike
paul_ostrowski  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:21:09 PM(UTC)
paul_ostrowski

Thanks for this post, I found it invaluable when I had this same problem in my fridge. A couple of notes I had:
1) my sound was occurring almost exactly every five minutes.
2) quickest way to verify this was the problem was to push the 'express chill' button. This makes the sound start immediately.
3) When I went to dissassemble my unit, I found it much easier to remove the shelf between the bottom 2 drawers. This is done by simply removing the four screws that screw the top of the shelf with the bottom of the drawer slides.
4) I didn't have the 2 screws on the left side holding the unit to the wall. Instead, it was just the 3 screws on the bottom. With the lower shelf out of the way, it was very easy to get access to the two right-side floor-mount screws.
5) To remove the bottom unit, you have to apply some force to pull it away from the wall. I wasn't sure if I was going to break it or not, but with the bottom shelf out of the way, I had a better view that it was ok to force it some.
6) I didn't realize there were two door units until I pulled the unit out. Then I had to plug the electrical back in to figure out if it was the top or the bottom unit that needed to be replaced.
7) I had the fridge door open so long that the light bulbs heated up, and they shut off so they wouldn't overheat. If that happens to you, don't worry, they will come back on when they cool down.
cmemley  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:27:47 PM(UTC)
cmemley

My monster of a monogram crappy fridge had that one repaired too...the fan is probably tilted and rubbing...it did get mostly corrected...unfortunately it didnt help the temps at all!
Broadlands  
#35 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 2:22:32 PM(UTC)
Broadlands

GE Monogram side-by-side. I have the same machine-gun sound...very quick, one second clicks, and consistent... every 25 minutes. Freezer-Fridge operation otherwise normal.
Gene  
#36 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 4:32:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first step is to pinpoint the sound. The post your findings.

Gene.
Broadlands  
#37 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 4:45:31 PM(UTC)
Broadlands

Gene... It happens so fast that I cannot pin-point it... But it is not where the compressor is located, above the boxes. It sounds like it may be behind the unit. Wish I could be specific. I was hoping someone else had experienced the same sound... rat-a-tat-tat...split second, ~every 25 minutes.
Gene  
#38 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 7:56:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In such situation, I can only recommend you follow the instructions from previous posts. In the worst case, you would need to hire a pro.