Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cdominey  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 5:52:24 AM(UTC)
cdominey

Groups: Registered

The oven light in our bottom oven will not turn off. I've manually pressed the switch at the bottom with the door open but no luck.

The switch for the top oven still works, and when I manually press it it makes a "clicking" sound and shuts off the light. The bad switch at the bottom makes no clicking sound when I push it.

So to me, this sounds like the switch needs replacing. If so, is this something a relatively decent do-it-yourselfer can accomplish? I have not removed the panel yet.

Also, is it safe to remove the light bulb at the bottom so it doesn't burn out, or should I just leave it be until I can repair it?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cdominey  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 8:12:00 AM(UTC)
cdominey

But for those who have the same problem - ours was that the two small screws holding the "pole" to the switch were loose. Kill the power to the oven, remove the top panel, pull out the switch and make sure these small screws are tight. Tighten them with a small screwdriver (eyeglass repair type) if not. This worked for us.
Rturner5  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 11:50:23 AM(UTC)
Rturner5

Originally Posted by: cdominey Go to Quoted Post
But for those who have the same problem - ours was that the two small screws holding the "pole" to the switch were loose. Kill the power to the oven, remove the top panel, pull out the switch and make sure these small screws are tight. Tighten them with a small screwdriver (eyeglass repair type) if not. This worked for us.

Thank you for posting. This helped me. My little screws were actually all the way off and laying inside. Thanks again.
beldim000  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:29:37 AM(UTC)
beldim000

Thanks a lot for posting the solution! I had exactly same problem. Followed decribed steps and was able to fix the isue in a few minutes! One little screw was loose and the second one was out and lying nearby. So easy and saved me good deal of money I would otherwise pay to technician call! Thanks again for sharing the info!
Apasserby  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:01:26 AM(UTC)
Apasserby

It was so helpful to try to fix it.
I just registered to write thank note for the tip. :)
You saved me some time & money, and thank you.
It solved my problem perfectly. :)
Sappdawgsmom  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:04:39 AM(UTC)
Sappdawgsmom

Thank you for your great tip! You saved me the cost of a repair man! I really appreciate it!:) The screws were laying there just like you said!
anotherquest  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 5:36:08 PM(UTC)
anotherquest

Originally Posted by: Sappdawgsmom Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your great tip! You saved me the cost of a repair man! I really appreciate it!:) The screws were laying there just like you said!

But, how do you take top panel off?
cbleakley  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:07:27 PM(UTC)
cbleakley

Can someone please tell me what is the top panel? Is it the main panel with the knobs and digital display above the top oven? The issue is with my lower oven. Is there a panel in there, I should be removing to find the pole and screws? Thanks.
Sappdawgsmom  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:41:58 PM(UTC)
Sappdawgsmom

Originally Posted by: anotherquest Go to Quoted Post
But, how do you take top panel off?

I wouldn't consider it a panel. Open oven door. See where the latch is. Go over to the right and the thing sticking out that signals the light to turn off. Remove the screws that are holding on the black vent looking plate. There are 8. The light switch is the one that had the screws that had fallen out. Pay attention before you take stuff apart. That way you can get it back together easily! I added a picture hope it will help you.
Sappdawgsmom attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Sappdawgsmom  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:49:47 PM(UTC)
Sappdawgsmom

Originally Posted by: cbleakley Go to Quoted Post
Can someone please tell me what is the top panel? Is it the main panel with the knobs and digital display above the top oven? The issue is with my lower oven. Is there a panel in there, I should be removing to find the pole and screws? Thanks.

The lower is the same. Open oven door. See latch in middle. Go to the right to the pole switch that controls when light comes off and on. Remove the screws. About 8 of them. The very small screws should be laying right under whole mechanism.
Sappdawgsmom attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply