Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikeholst  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 10:45:02 PM(UTC)
mikeholst

Groups: Registered

About a month ago, the dishwasher started stopping mid-cycle every third time we ran the machine. The start/resume key would be blinking (not rapidly but just a continuous blink). I thought someone kept opening door by mistake. I would just hit resume and it would start over and usually finish the whole cycle. This past week it just went dead - no lights could be illuminated when touching the keypad. I flipped off the circuit breaker for 5 minutes and the machine came back to life. I could illuminate any button when touching the keypad. I tried to run another load but again it went dead mid-cycle. I reset the machine and ran system diagnostics on it by selecting normal and heated dry a couple of times. The test ran for about 20 minutes and again the machine went dead. I can always reset it by turning power off and can always get machine to start a cycle again. I also just ran the keypad check by opening the panel and unplugging the ribbon. The drain motor started up for 2 minutes after I restored power and closed the door. I am wondering if this is a control panel or control board issue? I wish it was just a thermal fuse issue but I don't think I could get the power back on to the unit if it was a blown fuse - could I? Any thoughts to what my issue is?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:38:10 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool KUDT03FTSS2 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet
[COLOR="Blue"]
I am wondering if this is a control panel or control board issue?[/COLOR]
Since the keypad will light up the correct key when pressed and there is no shorted key error, I would say that this is a control board problem.

[COLOR="Blue"]I wish it was just a thermal fuse issue but I don't think I could get the power back on to the unit if it was a blown fuse - could I?[/COLOR]
No
File Attachment(s):
KUDT03.pdf (245kb) downloaded 65 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
mikeholst  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:34:12 PM(UTC)
mikeholst

Groups: Registered

I replaced board, but same problem returns where it stops midcycle with no blinking lights. The only way to get it to work again is by turning off the power to unit for atleast 5 minutes. Could it be the control panel or something else?
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:45:58 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
There is a possibility that it is the control panel but I would have put money on it being the control board.

I am stumped here.

The most common cause of a cycle stopping mid cycle is a heater problem re: the unit is waiting for the water to reach a certain set point but you do not get a heater error (see the tech sheet).
Does the CLEAN LED turn on?
My thoufght here is that you are getting the error but the LED is bad so you do not see it.

You also do not get any keyboard errors re: shorted key.
You could check the keyboard with a meter.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!