Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zjw2112  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:00:28 AM(UTC)
zjw2112

Groups: Registered

GE Washer WWRE5240D1WW with intermittent problems - Normal washing.

1) When the washer is on the small fill level (Normal/Fast/Cotton washing), sometimes it won't spin. Sometimes it will. If it doesn't spin, I have to reset the fill level, move it to a different washing type until the LEDs go off, then move it back to Normal/Fast/Cotton washing.

2) Fill level is filling with too much water sometimes. I have found this won't happen if I reset the fill level, move the washing type to some random type so the LEDs go off, then move it to Normal/Fast/Cotton washing, which is what I use the majority of the time.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:37:02 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Remove the front panel. With tub empty, remove the pressure hose from the air box on the lower left side of the tub. Clean out any gunk in the hose as well as in the air box. The box is not removable so you will need to try to flush it out through the hose nipple. Be very careful as you don't want to break the hose nipple off. Check the hose all the way up to the pressure switch inside the control panel. Look for any cracks, splits, kinks or holes. Replace hose if necessary. Make sure hose connections at air box and pressure switch are tight. If all is good, then you may need to replace the pressure switch.

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...h12x10093-ap2045923.html

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...-wh41x365-ap2046584.html

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply