Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ANiforos  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2007 3:32:04 AM(UTC)
ANiforos

Groups: Registered

My GE gas oven's electronic control quit working several months ago. The temperature would not adjust most of the time. When I tried to adjust the temperature with the little control knob, the digital readout would show - - - (nothing but the little dashes) or it would show 170 degrees. It would toggle between those two readings. I took a chance after opening up the front and top of the oven to get to the control unit, and ordered a new clock/oven control from this site. I installed it yesterday and now the oven works fine.

Several years ago during a storm, the little beeper which would beep when you pushed in one of the buttons quit working. Then a couple of years later, during another storm, it started working again and worked for several years. Then about eight months ago, it quit working again. Even though it would not beep when you pushed any of the buttons, it always beeped when the oven reached the correct temperature or if you set the countdown timer, it would beep at the end of the time set. So the source of the beep obviously works.

I was hoping that when I changed the clock/oven control unit, it was going to correct the beeping sound issue too, but it did not. Does anyone have any thoughts on why it still won't beep. There have been no error codes and I have tried unplugging and plugging the unit into the ac outlet several times, and the oven was unplugged for several days while I was waiting for the clock/oven control to arrive. I was hoping there might be some type of code you enter using the buttons on the front to able/disable the sound. Thanks for any input.

Alex
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.