Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jaywalker1981  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:51:55 AM(UTC)
jaywalker1981

Groups: Registered

My hvac blower started making a noise that is progressively getting worse. I removed the motor and ran it without the load(blower). No noise.

Than I add the blower cage to it and that's when I noticed that there is a slight play in the motor shaft. This play only exists in one line(let's call it east to west and west to east). The play does not exist in any other direction. Even if I spin the shaft to a different position the play still exists in the east to west direction.

When I ran these tests the motor is placed on a flat surface and all 4 feet are firmly placed on the table and stable.

Is this play symptomatic of a problem with the motor?

Omer
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

BH5977  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 11:27:31 AM(UTC)
BH5977

The shaft will always have a slight movement in and out from motor. IF the movement is more progressed in and out OR the movement is side to side, the motor is on its way out.
Chris6677  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2024 11:35:57 PM(UTC)
Chris6677

United States

A malfunctioning HVAC blower motor can quickly disrupt comfort and air circulation within a space. Common issues such as motor failures, worn-out bearings, or electrical problems can lead to decreased airflow or complete system failure. It's crucial to promptly address these issues to avoid discomfort and potential damage to the HVAC system or get useful reference. Regular maintenance and timely repairs can help prevent blower motor problems and ensure efficient operation of the heating and cooling system.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2024 10:59:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply