Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Roknec  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 6:58:43 PM(UTC)
Roknec

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I have a refrigerator that has an evap fan that is continuosly running. Someone suggested replaceing the control board and I did and it did not fix the problem. Now since replacing the board, the condersor won't come on either even though I put the old board back in. Everything was fine except the continous fan until I changed the control board. Anyone have any ideas? When I run diagnostic mode teh control board does control the evap fan as expected but in normal mode it runs all the time. Condensor will not turn on in either mode now but condensor fan does come on.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 1:36:03 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool KSRS25FTBL01 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachments for the wiring diagram and the tech sheet.

Since the condenser fan comes on the compressor should run as they are wired in parallel.
To be sure of this check across the start device to ensure it is getting 120 volts (just in case it is a wiring problem).

If it has 120 volts unplug the unit and check the compressor windings with a meter for resistance (the tech sheet has their values). See the below link on how to do this.
Note that this test is not a conclusive test. It will tell you if a compressor is bad (open winding or shorted to ground winding) but will not tell you if the compressor has mechanical problems etc.
How To Fix a Refrigerator - Appliance Repair Guide - ACME HOW TO.com

I did look at your earlier posts back in January, did this unit ever run OK as it seems like a very long time to be down.

As far as the evaporator fan. It will run as long as the freezer (and perhaps the fresh food, I am not sure) are not at the setpoint temperature.
File Attachment(s):
KSRS25 wiring.pdf (494kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
KSRS25 tech.pdf (936kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Roknec  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 3:45:36 PM(UTC)
Roknec

Groups: Registered

Hello Denman and first, thank you for your time and expertise. I am not that familiar with refrigerators. I'll try to give you the short version of a long story.
Bought new house but didn't move in for a few months while doing some renovations. Refrig seemed to be working fine it Is only 5 or 6 years old. One day cubes are melting. The back is cold but not either compartment. Diagnosed evap fan not running. Bought evap fan and everything is good but evap fan wont turn off, everything else SEEMS fine. Figure this is why evap fan burned out???? So talk to some folks on this sight and they say sounds like control board. Little broke after reno's and fridge working okay. Get e little money decide to buy new board. Install new board and same problem except now fresh side not cold. Run diagnostic test cendenser sounds like it turns on but sounds very weak freezer is fairly cold but not sure if cold as should be. Put old board back in, still same. Condenser seems to come on during diagnostic test but not with the balls it seemed too before.
Just ran diagnostic one more time and condenser seemed to com on okay, notice frost on lower back wall of freezer. Also evap fan works just fine in diag mode. Sorry for all this blah blah blah. Thank you
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:52:52 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I would check the compartment temperatures.
The freezer should be 0 to 5 degrees F.
The fresh food should be close to 40 degrees F.

Might also be a good idea to remove the cover is the freezer so you can inspect the evaporator coils.

if they are iced/frosted over to the point that the evaporator fan cannot pull air through them, then you probably have a defrost problem.

If there is only frost in one area (usually where the freon enters thye coils) then you have a sealed system problem.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!