Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adkjack  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 6:44:35 AM(UTC)
adkjack

Groups: Registered

I have the
Frigidaire FRT18NNCW2‏

and the evap motor fan was running constantly. No frost problem and the freezer and refrigerator seem to be correct temperature, but the evap fan wouldn't stop. I purchased the defrost timer and that didn't help. I believe it's the thermostat defrost but it's part #21 in the systems diagram but I don't know where to find it. It might be on the back or behind the panel that the evap motor is hooked to? I rather not take things apart just searching for it. Do you know how to replace it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:10:32 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"] behind the panel that the evap motor is hooked to?[/COLOR]
It is behind that panel and is clipped to the top of the evaporator coils.

But thatwill not be your problem.
All it does is to turn power off to the defrost heater if all the ice has melted off the defrost coils before the defrost time has expired.

Check if the compressor is running all the time or cycling on/off. You can usually hear it but also should be able to feel it vibrating.

If it is on all the time other than when in a defrost cycle, check your temperatures.
The freezer should be about 0 to 5 degrees F. The fresh food should be around 40 degrees F.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
adkjack  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 8:47:54 AM(UTC)
adkjack

I think the compressor is going on and off but the evap motor fan runs all the time. What would cause that? I changed the defrost timer and that wasn't it, so I thought thermostat defrost, but you say that not controlling the fan, but only the heater defrost on the coils. Temperatures in the freezer and frig seem OK. What switches or sensors actually turn the evap motor fan off and on. I bet if the compressor is on, the evap motor fan is on, so maybe the compressor is on most of the time. I'll probably have to spend a day with my head beside the compressor.
adkjack  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 12:57:11 PM(UTC)
adkjack

I've been listening to the refrigerator and the compressor is working along with the evap motor not all the time but most the time. I'm thinking the control temperature part has a thermostat in it and it's not working correctly. Maybe there is a way of testing it? Would you know?
denman  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 1:24:56 PM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="Blue"] Maybe there is a way of testing it?[/COLOR]
Yes check the temperatures in the freezer and fresh food sections.
adkjack  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:25:05 AM(UTC)
adkjack

I check the temperatures in both compartments and they were spot on 5F and 40F. The evap motor runs all the time except when the defrost time switches everything off. The green wire that goes to the defrost timer up into the freezer unit has a clip that appears needs to be attached to something that might ground the unit. I don't know where that goes, do you?
denman  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:38:12 AM(UTC)
denman

Not sure where it goes.

Green is usually a ground connection.
Check the fan motor for a connector.
Also often there is a connector attached to the back of the freezer/evaporator cover.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply