Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TurtleJock007  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 10:43:12 AM(UTC)
TurtleJock007

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a Frigidaire Affintiy washer that is just over two years old. Overthe last 6 months (ironically shortly after the warranty went out) I havestarted to receive error codes 58 and 59 with more frequency. It use to be thatwhen I received the error, I could just run the cycle again and it would fixthe problem. However it is happening now on 80% of the loads. I can normallyget through one load a day without an error. I am familiar with the error codesfrom Frigidaire. I have followed the steps but I can't test the OHms on thepins. Knowing that the problem was either the Motor or the Motor Control Board,I took a 50/50 chance and replaced the Motor Control board at the tune of$146....that did not fix the problem. So my next step is to get a motor.However before I shell out aother $140, I wanted to see if anyone has any othertricks that might fix this issue. This is what I have done:

1. Checked the pump. I can hear it running and water does drain. I checkedthe hose and the rubber boot under the tub for any blockage.

2. Checked the wires running to the control board, motor control board andthe motor

3. Checked the tub and it spins freely

4. Checked the belt and it seems fine

5. Replaced the motor control board

6. Checked the door switch. It seems fine.

I find it hard to believe that it could be the motor because it will finishloads every once in a while but what do I know . I have used the diagnosticmode to run tests and on an empty tub, it can run through all the cycles.However it is hit or miss with a load. The tell tale sign is that when itreaches the spin cycle it will rotate 2-3 times and then stop. it will thenrotate the other directions 2-3 times. Then it will just sit there for a fewminutes and try again. After a few times it will error out with 58 or 59 anddrain the tub leaving a pile of wet clothes. So I try and run a rinse and spincycle crossing my fingers it will finish. I did notice that it has a differenttone outside of the error beeps that also seem to indicate it will error out.they are not as high pitched as the end cycle beeps or the error beeps but alower tone kind of like a "bong".

Any information on a trick I can try before I shell out more money would begreatly appreciated...Also a confirmation on the correct motor part would beappreciated as well....

thanks,

Jeff
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.