Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmayarch1  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:49:58 PM(UTC)
jmayarch1

Groups: Registered

I have a KitchenAid Model KERA807PSS01.

One day when using my oven it would not turn off and I had to flip the breaker to turn it off. Eventually the oven stopped working all together. the touchpad wouldn't do anything. The stove stop still works and always has. I replaced the touchpad assembly and after doing so the oven would turn on (sort off), the temperature setting would show, the fan would turn on but it wouldn't heat up. I also tried pressing the self clean button and it would beep telling me to close the door but the door was closed. When I flip the breaker and it turns back on the first thing it shows just as in the thread below is the numbers 06 in red and below that in aqua color AM71 UI75 EEKEO-068.

I don't know if its a temperature sensor, or the latch motor/circuit is bad, or the control panel is bad? Please Help.

I've already changed one part and it didn't solve the problem and prefer not ending up changing multiple parts to find the one that is bad and end up spending $1,000 in parts when I could have saved myself the headaches and just bought a new stove from the beginning. I'm hoping someone has encountered this same problem and found a solution and know which part is the culprit.

Again please help and thank you
jmayarch1  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:51:19 PM(UTC)
jmayarch1

One day when using my oven it would not turn off and I had to flip the breaker to turn it off. Eventually the oven stopped working all together. the touchpad wouldn't do anything. The stove stop still works and always has. I replaced the touchpad assembly and after doing so the oven would turn on (sort off), the temperature setting would show, the fan would turn on but it wouldn't heat up. I also tried pressing the self clean button and it would beep telling me to close the door but the door was closed. When I flip the breaker and it turns back on the first thing it shows just as in the thread below is the numbers 06 in red and below that in aqua color AM71 UI75 EEKEO-068.

I don't know if its a temperature sensor, or the latch motor/circuit is bad, or the control panel is bad? Please Help.

I've already changed one part and it didn't solve the problem and prefer not ending up changing multiple parts to find the one that is bad and end up spending $1,000 in parts when I could have saved myself the headaches and just bought a new stove from the beginning. I'm hoping someone has encountered this same problem and found a solution and know which part is the culprit.

Joe / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 6:14:25 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jmayarch1 Go to Quoted Post

jmayarch1, As in the previous posts, the 06 and AM71 UI75 EEKEO-068 are revision and engineering codes programmed into the control at the time of manufacturing, they don't have anything to do with the operation of the oven.
Since you've replaced the keypad assembly, and you didn't mention any failure or error codes in the display, your most likely issue is the control board.

Part number: AP3872568
Part number: AP3872568

You will want to check the P2 connector which attaches to the control board and is routed over to and attaches at the power relay board P2 connector.

Part number: AP3873324
Part number: AP3873324

There's a communication error and it's most likely the control board.
EconPro  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 5:12:59 PM(UTC)
EconPro

Oven guy,
You you don't say what you actually did. I'm having the same problem. Did the Contacts just need cleaning, or did you have to install the new part?
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2023 1:18:29 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
How did you clean the connector? I don’t want to just pour alcohol on either end. Thanks
Andrew