Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
swilky2000  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:44:45 PM(UTC)
swilky2000

Groups: Registered

Samsung DMT400 RHS/XAA

getting low water level error. Not sure what to check. Everything under filter screen is clean. Not clogs.
It fills with water then drains out. Does this twice them faults out.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

swilky2000  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:57:07 PM(UTC)
swilky2000

Got it.
Case sensor, which I guess, is Chinese for water level sensor.
moto589  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:26:02 AM(UTC)
moto589

Originally Posted by: swilky2000 Go to Quoted Post
Got it.
Case sensor, which I guess, is Chinese for water level sensor.

I'm experiencing the same issue. Dishwasher is 2 years old and it just started this weekend. It will drain and fill twice and then error out.

The case sensor fixed the problem? Can you confirm this is the part number and do you have any information on replacing the sensor? PART NUMBER: DD94-01006A
jwuensch  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:52:22 AM(UTC)
jwuensch

I too have had to replace my case center twice and thinking a third time already.
I bought my dishwasher Feb of 2011. Worked fine until July/Aug of 2012. Samsung extended my warranty and covered the fix of the low level water error. Now has happened in Feb 2013 and again in May 2013. I have called Samsung numerous times and they will only refer me to A&E Factory Service. which I refuse to pay for an over prices joke of repair men- who are nothing but rude.
I am very frustrated with Samsung and their lack of support. They will only help trouble shoot then shove you off to A&E.

Why so many times in such a small amount of time.
Is there something we need to clean better or is this a defective part?!?!?
Samsung has not helped but I keep replacing that part due to my kitchen of Samsung appliances!!!
JNelsen  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:56:58 PM(UTC)
JNelsen

Had the low water error. Have had mine for 1.5 years so it is out of warranty. I removed the case (water level) sensor to fix or repair. I found that right at the low level sensor level there was some green crud built up on the inside of the plastic. Thinking that this crud was probably blocking the light causing the dishwasher to think the float was not raising I decided to clean it. I used a bleach/water mix and a small brush. After removing the crud I put the sensor back in and crossed my fingers. Hooked the dishwasher back up and now all is good again.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:52:00 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Samsung knows about this problem (contact them to see if you got a recall part on your hands) a ton of there units have this error code.......check to make sure you're getting adequate water pressure to your unit and more then likely it's your case sensor and the brake case........there's a part in that inlet area that is so small and gets clogged up frequently....
beach81959  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2013 8:39:11 PM(UTC)
beach81959

I've been having the same problem intermittently for a week or two now, found the case sensor had a lot of crud & corruption stuck in it, hanging up the float, I cleaned it all out with a small brush, working fine now. Thanks for the info, can't see paying A & E all that cash for a 10 minute fix where no new parts are needed. (they'll sell you a new sensor, I bet)
Laur  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 3:19:57 PM(UTC)
Laur

Hi folks. We're having the same problem with our Samsung dmt400 (low water level error). Would greatly appreciate any advice on where I can find this sensor to get at it and try and try to clean it. Thanks!
Kevin McEleney  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 6:42:23 PM(UTC)
Kevin McEleney

United States

Started pulling apart a Samsung DMT 400RHW/XAA dishwasher because of low water level error.
Found a small rubber drain flap/valve partially blocking the hole it's supposed to be covering. The flap is attached to a short rubber bar by a thin strap of rubber. The flap had twisted many times and could no longer cover the hole properly. Pulled the disfigured flap and its rubber bar out and looked up low water problem on a repair forum.
Found many case sensor problems that might have been exacerbated by a poor drain seal. If the seal isn't doing its job, maybe the case sensor can't sense properly or senses intermittently.
Anyways, just wanted to post this discovery as maybe it will help someone in the future.
Case sensor was part #AP5176868. Drain Check Valve was part #AP5331254.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply