Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ferenceh  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 12:36:30 PM(UTC)
Ferenceh

Groups: Registered

As soon as washer is turned on agitator starts up with dry clothes. Then washer starts to fill but have to watch it because it either fills very or can fill all the way to the top.....even if a small load. The washer is only 2 years old and has been used only for about 8 months. We are snowbirds and do 4 months each year in FL. I don't have the model number with me. It is one of the machines that weighs the clothes, etc. Frankly, I hate it. However, we have a considerable investment in a matched set. Does this sound like a timer problem? Are they costly to replace. Purchased at Lowes in Naples...their reply was "you should have an extended warranty". Contacted Whirlpool but got nowhere nor advice with them. Please advise.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 6:27:41 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

I would check to make sure the tube to the water level pressure switch is clear.
fairbank56  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 6:41:57 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Really need the model number. Sounds like a symptom with models with defective load sense switch but no way to know without model number.

Eric
Ferenceh  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 9:29:51 AM(UTC)
Ferenceh

Groups: Registered

I found my sales slip for the washer. It says TL Washer WTW57ESVW. Would this be the model number? Thanks.
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 10:47:19 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, that's the model number and this washer has the load sense switch that is a high failure item and causes symptoms such as you are having. I would first check the air hose as suggested by removing it from the switch and blowing forcefully into it to see that it is not clogged. Also unplug the wire harness from the switch and plug it back in as well as the hose and try the wash cycle again. If you still have problems, replace the switch. You need to check the full model number, there should be another number after the ESVW. There's a version 0 and a version 1. Different switch for each version. For version 0, you would need this switch and for version 1, you would need this one.

Eric
ApplianceJunk  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 11:33:22 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

I agree with fairbanks.

May also be worth unplugging the switch and plugging it back in. It's worked more then once for me.