Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kate  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2007 5:28:29 PM(UTC)
Kate

Groups: Registered

This fridge emitts so much heat its unbelieveable. You walk past it and you are hit by a wall of heat. It runs constantly and is very hard to regulate the temperature inside (also wondering if the damper is stuck but don't know where it is). We just moved into this rental and paid electric based on a 34 day cycle with only 4 days occupied. I tell you this because we had no other appliances used during that time (and only 1 lamp in the house at the time) and ended up with a bill over $100. Wondering if the Fridge is not working properly and is the culprit. HELP!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2007 10:04:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Kate
The first thing I would do is to clean the condenser coil. There is no doubt it is completely blocked with lint which caused the compressor to overheat.
Unfortunately the model number you provided is incorrect and i"m not able to tell you were exactly the condenser coil is located on you fridge. It could be under the fridge or on the back. Clean it ASAP. You can use a vac with an attachments and a special brush
Gene.
jdman  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 9:44:40 AM(UTC)
jdman

Gene is correct. Sounds like things are very dirty back there.
Kate  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 2:08:09 PM(UTC)
Kate

HELP! the model is TPX21PRXD WW. Loosing food now. UGH!
Admin / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 2:20:09 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Condenser is number 730 on this diagram, accessible from the back by removing #616 cover.
Kate  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 2:37:15 PM(UTC)
Kate

Pulled off front cover and vacuumed (ICK!) and fan was off within 30 seconds and still off 10 minutes later. Diagram looks like I should also be accessing it from the back. WIll try that next. THANK YOU!!!! I'm an audiologist so if you have an ear question I can help ya with, I'd love to return the favor! :)
stinfist  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2007 1:58:18 PM(UTC)
stinfist

I had a similar problem with my fridge after moving it into my new home. The entire frame was hot to the touch and even the rubber seals on the doors were hot from contacting the frame. I thought the coils might be dirty, but they looked as clean as if they were brand new. Then I noticed the cooling fan wasn't turning. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the insulation that is positioned underneath it had been pushed up into the blades and this was preventing the fan from turning. This fan is responsible for pulling cool room-air over the coils to pull heat away from the unit.
I pressed the insulation back into place and the fan immediately began turning once I plugged the power cord back in. The fridge was cool to the touch within 5 minutes.
If your fan is not obstructed and is still not turning, it may need to be replaced.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply