Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carl.benda  
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:47:54 AM(UTC)
carl.benda

Groups: Registered

I found three screws at the bottom and one screw located at the top of the center mount for the shelves under a removable screw cover. If you look at the edges of the cover (left and right side) you will see small pointers to locate the snap-in clips, you need to start at the two bottom pointer locations and push each side towards the center while pulling the panel towards you and work your way up to the top. Be carful as there are to plug in connectors located at the top left corner One for the fan and the other a temp sensor. You can unplug both to remove the cover. A hair drier and a plastic tube works very well to clean out the drain tube. Running the fridge to cold will cause ice build up and will freeze the drain tube, which in turn causes the water issue.

One way to fix the problem without having to take it all apart is to turn off the unit and let it sit overnight to melt the ice build up. Once it's turned back on make sure to readjust the temp to prevent the ice from building up.

Its always a good idea while you are in repairing mode to roll the unit out and remove the bottom cover (on the back side) and clean out all the dust/dirt/lint build up. I will run much better :)
irvs  
#22 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:01:11 AM(UTC)
irvs

please how did you get this back panel off i have read all the posts but have had no luck
irvs  
#23 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:06:10 AM(UTC)
irvs

my samsung is the rf26vab water leaking in bottom under veg drawer how do i remove the back panel please help
irvs  
#24 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:10:44 AM(UTC)
irvs

my model is the same my problem is the same i do not see how to remove the panel i need to to get to the frozen line help!
mphelps@adblocks.com  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:22:41 AM(UTC)
mphelps@adblocks.com

These instructions are very good. I added the wire and hope that helps. I can only add that a bulb baster was helpful to remove water then add hot water to the drain hole to speed up the thawing process.
Thanks for the help!
Kaptain  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:32:33 AM(UTC)
Kaptain

Originally Posted by: FREE100KSECRET Go to Quoted Post
Yes, this is a constant issue, and it is always the same problem, ice frost buildup given the defrost cycle is too short ezpecially in summer months. I solved problem by blow drying ice, ran a coat hanger down drain hole at the center bottom drain hole as ice was formed down about an inch into drain. It was hard as ice, not just frost, and this has been the same issue over and over.

This time I wrapped 12 guage copper wire around bottom of defrosting heat coil and then inserted one end of copper wire down drain hole. Now when defrost cycle comes on, it heats the copper wire melting any build up at the drain hole. So far, so good, but easy fix overall.

Thanks for this suggestion. I did this about 6 months ago and haven't had a problem since. Here's a poorly illustrated image to give everybody a visual of how to do this since I neglected to take a picture.

*Edit - adding direct link so that you don't have to register to view the picture.
*Edit 2 - This site apparently does not like image_shack

Here's the direct link - remove the space after 'image'... http://image shack.com/a/img14/5079/cac8.jpg
Kaptain attached the following image(s):
fridgetemp.jpg
mphelps@adblocks.com  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:02:41 AM(UTC)
mphelps@adblocks.com

Yes, the Copper Wire trick does work. I was about to discard a frig that we otherwise like very much.
Habheema  
#28 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 5:08:40 PM(UTC)
Habheema

Thanks to all of these posts, I was able to defrost the ice in the drain pipe which is behind the top panel. I used hot water about 5 times and left the refrigerator in off position for about 6 hours. Thanks again!
BillRay  
#29 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 7:20:04 AM(UTC)
BillRay

Okay we solved the ice formation issued at drain hold opening thanks to the copper tubing idea. Samsung was absolutely no help when they were contacted. Any ideas how to solve ice formation at the top of the coils on the RF26XAEBP? We do remove the back panel and blow dry the ice off every 8 months or so but do you know of a permanent solution to the problem? Contacted Samsung and again they were no help. I know there is a class action lawsuit on this coil freeze-up issue but I need a quicker, long-term fix to the problem.
linov  
#30 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:06:24 AM(UTC)
linov

Originally Posted by: Kaptain Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for this suggestion. I did this about 6 months ago and haven't had a problem since. Here's a poorly illustrated image to give everybody a visual of how to do this since I neglected to take a picture.

*Edit - adding direct link so that you don't have to register to view the picture.
*Edit 2 - This site apparently does not like image_shack

Here's the direct link - remove the space after 'image'... http://image shack.com/a/img14/5079/cac8.jpg

Wouldn't you want the wire wrapped around the black heater line that forms a U shape under the coils? The coils only get cold, they are defrosted by the heater wire running around them.

Otherwise a phenomenal idea