Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jgilber  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 8:22:44 PM(UTC)
jgilber

Groups: Registered

After about 15-30 minutes my Amana dishwasher will stop mid-cycle, drain, and then shut off (including all of the indicator lights on the panel). I can always get it to re-start but it will usually shut off again after running for a while. On rare occasions it will finish the cycle. We purchased it new 14 months ago. After it stops I have tried opening and re-closing the door to make sure it is sealed but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bg02578  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 6:24:43 PM(UTC)
bg02578

Originally Posted by: jgilber Go to Quoted Post
After about 15-30 minutes my Amana dishwasher will stop mid-cycle, drain, and then shut off (including all of the indicator lights on the panel). I can always get it to re-start but it will usually shut off again after running for a while. On rare occasions it will finish the cycle. We purchased it new 14 months ago. After it stops I have tried opening and re-closing the door to make sure it is sealed but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

jgilber
I have the same model and the same problem.

Did you find a solution? Has anyone seen this problem? Do I need to replace the control board?

Thanks
jgilber  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 7:33:46 PM(UTC)
jgilber

The problem resolved on its own and has never returned. No repair needed.
JohnsonSmith  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 10:48:39 PM(UTC)
JohnsonSmith

I have the same model and the same problem.

bg02578  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:24:19 AM(UTC)
bg02578

JG

Thanks - I was getting ready to order and install a new control board.

I think I'll just wait it out. Is there anything you did besides continued use to "resolve" the problem (e.g., run a cleaning cycle with a decalcifier).

My guess is that the software control program is incorrectly sensing that something bad is happening the the machine should drain and cancel, but I have no ideas whether this is possible. I don't think it is the membrane switch.

I'll post again if:
1)the problem goes away;
2) I get an answer from Amana( I am thinking of calling Mr. Jeff Fettig);
3) I replace the control board; or
4) If I figure out what is going on.

I could hook a logic analyzer to the control board, but that would be overkill and a pain.

I posted the problem on another forum and so far no solutions offered.

Mr. Smith please post if you find a solution, and I'll do the same.

Thanks

Barry
jgilber  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 5:38:05 PM(UTC)
jgilber

I didn't do anything else to resolve the problem, but ever since it started running well through the whole cycle I always make sure that the racks are pushed all the way in and that the door is closed snugly and it has continued to run well ever since. My husband originally felt that it might have something to do with the door latch not being tight enough. I wish I could tell you exactly what caused it to start working well again. Good luck!
bg02578  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 7:39:55 PM(UTC)
bg02578

Thanks.

I have run a few 1 hour cycles using a decalcifier and the dishwasher ran OK. I'll check the racks. I don't think it is the door latch because when I open the door while it is running, nothing initiates a drain/cancel cycle. When I saw it fail once, the red LED indicating drain/cancel turn on as if the button was pressed.
bg02578  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:17:21 AM(UTC)
bg02578

So after a couple of cleaning cycles (using Lemi Shine) the ADB 1400 runs normal wash cycles to completion.

So I'm guessing that:
1) Some sensor was causing the premature cancel/drain cycle;

2) The controller was programmed to generate a service call after the warranty period had expired (when I called Amana they said to replace the controller board for $150); or

3) The controller board is very flaky.
I remember this dishwasher had some strange initial startup problem which was resolved by removing power from the dishwasher.

Hopefully the problem will not return (as described above by jgilber "The problem resolved on its own and has never returned. No repair needed.")
bg02578  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:01:33 PM(UTC)
bg02578

The dishwasher is now running complete cycles. My guess is some component on the control board likes the hot humid weather, whatever was broken has "fixed" itself or reducing the amount of detergent (in powder form) solves the problem.

What a piece of junk!!
sandykmac  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:37:00 PM(UTC)
sandykmac

I started having the same problem. I could tell it was just shutting off because the light that indicates completion was not coming on. I googled the problem and it brought me here. I decided to go back and try pushing the door in again. I started it back up and held the door for a minute and then left. This time, it completed the cycle. Thank you. :confused: