Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spudman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:04:03 PM(UTC)
spudman

Groups: Registered

I recently diagnosed my washer with a leaking fill valve. This site, along with several others has the part, but all have a ship date of 8/1/2013. That is FIVE (5) months from now! I spoke to Whirlpool and of course they have no answer as to why the long delay.

Does anyone have a reason or guess why the lengthy delay on a replacement part? Essentially I have to use a faulty product for the next 5 months or so waiting for a stupid $80 part. Alternative is to sell the machine for parts and buy new, but I really don't want to do that.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:17:16 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: spudman Go to Quoted Post
I recently diagnosed my washer with a leaking fill valve. This site, along with several others has the part, but all have a ship date of 8/1/2013. That is FIVE (5) months from now! I spoke to Whirlpool and of course they have no answer as to why the long delay.

Does anyone have a reason or guess why the lengthy delay on a replacement part? Essentially I have to use a faulty product for the next 5 months or so waiting for a stupid $80 part. Alternative is to sell the machine for parts and buy new, but I really don't want to do that.

Spudman, We'd hate to see you create other situations or damage to your washer or it's surroundings. We cannot explain the delay in the availability of the part you need. You may want to contact a local parts distributor or appliance service organization with the manufacturing part number (W10247306) of the valve, they may have one in stock in their parts inventory that they may sell.
RKF22  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:18:43 PM(UTC)
RKF22

Go to amazon. They've got 'em
spudman  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 5:08:16 AM(UTC)
spudman

Well the amazing folks at this site managed to ship me one, got it yesterday. I do not know how or why, but the part came as ordered.

Thumbs up to Applianceparts, you guys rock!
RKF22  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 12:21:21 PM(UTC)
RKF22

AWESOME..That's great
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 12:27:51 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: spudman Go to Quoted Post
Well the amazing folks at this site managed to ship me one, got it yesterday. I do not know how or why, but the part came as ordered.

Thumbs up to Applianceparts, you guys rock!

Spudman, Great !!! We do try hard to satisfy our customers. I wander what the glitch was ?

Thanks Again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply