Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oldblue05  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:09:02 AM(UTC)
oldblue05

Groups: Registered

I picked this thing up about a year ago, it was doing this in the beginning but I thought I had ironed the problems out but now they have come back. The dryer functions normally for the most part but occasionally it will stop mid cycle and not want to restart. When it stops and I push the button to make it start there is a loud humming like the drive motor is in a bind and cannot turn the drum. This is also the sound it makes as it stops and turns off. I replaced one roller and am thinking another might be the culprit now but my main question is could something electrical be causing this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

RKF22  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:15:18 PM(UTC)
RKF22

oldblue05  
#3 Posted: : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:07:48 AM(UTC)
oldblue05

I know it has to either be the motor or something the drum is dragging on, as the problem seems to be more prevalent when the drum is more full. How would I go about testing if the motor is bad?
RKF22  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:20:53 AM(UTC)
RKF22

The motor gets hot it shuts down. the heavier the load, the greater the load on the motor is. Time for a new one. I don't know of any other test on the motor, besides the one that it is already presenting to you. http://www.amazon.com/Amana-Dry...8-1&keywords=2200376
oldblue05  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:02:46 PM(UTC)
oldblue05

Well I ordered the motor and it fixed the problem, thanks!

But, when I put it on auto mode it will cut off long b4 the clothes are dry, I have replaced the 2 moisture sensors. What could be causing this?
RKF22  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:27:22 PM(UTC)
RKF22

Check the vent. Here's the test. Pull the lint trap out an then turn it on....put your hand down the lint trap hole an see if it's got great air flow. Should be a nice flow all around your hand. The best way to do this actually is to remove the vent hose an then place your hand down the hole with it on an then put the vent back on an see the difference. Bad air flow will cause the clothes to not dry, they'd be hot to the touch, but not dry.
oldblue05  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:49:02 PM(UTC)
oldblue05

Hmm, that makes sense but I just had the entire thing apart replacing the motor and there was no obstruction... I can test it like you say but it drys fine if I just use the manual timer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply