Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ajbuch  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:05:54 AM(UTC)
ajbuch

Groups: Registered

One of the arms on the handle actuator is broken off. I bought a new actuator (thanks appliancepartspros!) and now I need to reassemble the handle in the control panel at the top front of the dishwasher door. I've figured out where all the parts go - all except the little recess spring. Can anyone help and describe where/how to install the recess spring for the handle? (NOTE: not talking about the door springs, but rather the small recess spring for the handle.)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ajbuch  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:16:22 AM(UTC)
ajbuch

I figured it out!! Short answer is: slide the longer of the two arms on the actuator through the center of the spring so that the tiny hook on one end of the spring aligns with the tiny slot in the actuator body.

Since these parts are all plastic (except for the spring) I suspect they may break frequently and others may have similar questions... so here's the steps I used to assemble the handle on this GE dishwasher:
1) Slide the spring on the actuator as described above. The tiny hook on one end of the spring should align with the tiny slot in the actuator. Put the hook in the slot.
2) With spring on the actuator arm and hooked into the slot, insert the actuator's arms into the open-ended slots on the mounting bracket.
3) Now, squeeze the actuator up into the mounting bracket. The spring's straight end will rest against the flat part of the bracket providing resistence.
4) With actuator squeezed up into the mounting bracket, insert the arms of the handle latch into holes in the mounting bracket and release the actuator.

The handle is now assembled on the mounting bracket. The whole assembly can now be installed into the control panel on the top front of the dishwasher door.
Jeff RI  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:05:26 AM(UTC)
Jeff RI

I had the same issues. Once I figured it out, it took less than 5 minutes to put back together. I took a few photos to show how the spring attaches. The photos along with the explanation above should make this repair easier for any others that may come across the same repair question that we had.
Jeff RI attached the following image(s):
IMG_8231 (Medium).jpg
Spring install instructions (Medium).jpg
IMG_8234 (Medium).jpg
IMG_8233 (Medium).jpg
IMG_8232 (Medium).jpg
Jeff RI  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:19:34 AM(UTC)
Jeff RI

A few more photos of the entire door switch panel assembly all together. Hope this helps out anyone who is trying this repair.
Jeff RI attached the following image(s):
IMG_8229 (Medium).jpg
IMG_8230 (Medium).jpg
jillpach@gmail.com  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:57:45 PM(UTC)
jillpach@gmail.com

Thank you for posting the instructions and the photos. They were a great help!! There would have been no way I would have been able to figure out how to put the handle together without your photos. Thank you so very much for taking the time to put the photos and instructions.
Jill
bfmqw2s  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:30:59 AM(UTC)
bfmqw2s

Ajbuch,

Your instructions, and pictures were amazing. My husband and I tried every combination but that one. And it worked and fit and now our handle is installed. Thank you so much. :o:)