Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JHN  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:30:28 AM(UTC)
JHN

Groups: Registered

Dryer only starts if the timer knob is in certain positions. In both the auto and timed dry cycles, if the knob is turned to begin the cycle ("Very Dry" on auto, "80" on timed), the dryer won't start when the start button is pressed (I can, however, hear the timer ticking). If I jiggle/move the timer knob, however, the dryer will then start (after pressing the start button). Sometimes it will stay on and dry the load of clothes, other times it will stay on for a few seconds and then buzz and shut-off. A couple of days ago, we ran a few cycles without any problems (so it started normally). Now, however, I can only get it to start if I jiggle the timer knob at about the 50-40 minute mark on timed cycle or the "less dry" mark in the auto cycle. Even here, it will sometimes start but then shut right off. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:17:14 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Based on the info you provided you should replace the timer

Part number: 3397273
Part number: 3397273

Here are the breakdown diagram and Top and Console parts for Whirlpool LEC6848AQ2 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
JHN  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:29:33 PM(UTC)
JHN

Groups: Registered

I got the new timer (part 3397273B), but it is slightly different than the original (see attached picture -- new timer on left, old one on right). My situation seems to match that of "Victorbee," who posted a question on the repair video entry. I was a little unclear about the advice given, however. The white terminal block has two wires (not three), a white one and a tan one. Nothing occupies the third slot (see photo). So, when I make these connections, the white terminal on the new timer has two white wires connected to it (just like the old arrangement). But, now, with the four prongs of the Tan terminal, only two are being used, i.e., two tan wires are connecting to 2 tan prongs (Tan prongs 3 and 4 are not being used). Is this correct? Thanks!
JHN attached the following image(s):
IMGP1981.jpg
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:06:25 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Gi.

From I can see you should just put the connector on the same way it was on the old one.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply