Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dchanson55  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:57:18 PM(UTC)
dchanson55

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
No, they are suspension rods, or rod and spring assembly. The springs may be weak, allowing the support assembly to drop too low. It's also possible that the rod support sockets that the suspension rods hang from are badly worn or broken which will also allow the support assembly to drop.

Eric

where are they located?
fairbank56  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:42:52 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Take a look at the parts diagram. Two of the suspension rods are shown (1 front, 1 rear) #414 and #415. Rod sockets are #419.

Eric
LSUfan71  
#23 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:27:15 AM(UTC)
LSUfan71

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Then apparently, the front apron was not sagging? Did you check it? If it was bent down, you should have straightened it before installing new bracket and top cover. Are you sure the noise is coming from the pulley hitting the bottom of the washer? If so, you may need to replace the suspension rods. The front two are different than the rear two.

Eric

Hi, this is exactly the problem I'm having with my GE HydroWave (model GTWP2250D0WW). But mine is NEW. Just brought it home yesterday evening from my local Home Depot. It was marked down and had been returned, they said it had been in use for only a week or so (this is probly the reason it was returned, of course).

I set it up last night and there was grinding from the bottom. Using online resources here, I pulled off the front and could see the tub sagging, allowing the bottom pulley to drag on the steel bottom. The apron does not appear to be sagging. It seems the support rods are weak, allowing the tub to hang lower than it should.

Do you happen to know the best way to get these parts under warranty myself, today? Or do I have to have a service person come out for that?

:confused:

Thanks in advance.

Donald
LSUfan71  
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:42:04 AM(UTC)
LSUfan71

I guess I'm just being impatient. My other options are loading back into the truck and returning it, or waiting for my scheduled service appt. on Monday :/

Donald
dchanson55  
#25 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:05:04 AM(UTC)
dchanson55

Originally Posted by: LSUfan71 Go to Quoted Post
I guess I'm just being impatient. My other options are loading back into the truck and returning it, or waiting for my scheduled service appt. on Monday :/

Donald

I bought and installed the apron sagging service kit, installed it and still had the same problem, called a local appliance guy, he told me to replace it as GE washers are crap, so I bought a whirlpool, I would return it to HD
LSUfan71  
#26 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:22:52 PM(UTC)
LSUfan71

Originally Posted by: dchanson55 Go to Quoted Post
I bought and installed the apron sagging service kit, installed it and still had the same problem, called a local appliance guy, he told me to replace it as GE washers are crap, so I bought a whirlpool, I would return it to HD

I would but I got it cheap ($336). Seems like it'll be fine once I get this problem done, I suppose. I was promised a one year warranty.
dchanson55  
#27 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:57:16 AM(UTC)
dchanson55

Originally Posted by: LSUfan71 Go to Quoted Post
I would but I got it cheap ($336). Seems like it'll be fine once I get this problem done, I suppose. I was promised a one year warranty.

if you got the warranty use, let me know what the fix is.
LSUfan71  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:23:52 AM(UTC)
LSUfan71

Originally Posted by: dchanson55 Go to Quoted Post
if you got the warranty use, let me know what the fix is.

Well, the service person came/went yesterday while only my daughter was home. According to her, the bottom of the frame on the washer was pushed/dented up, causing the problem which was so much like is being described in this thread. The service person pushed it down with his foot and now it's running fine. Who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

Also, we thought the dial on the dryer was ¼ turn off. Turns out the dryer simply had the wrong knob. The service person replaced the knob and the dryer is now like new.

Thanks for the help. :D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply