Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ruahusker  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:05:24 PM(UTC)
ruahusker

Groups: Registered

I just want to thank all the members of this forum for all the help in diagnosing the problem with my Whirlpool washer. My fiancee and I had to move out of our home for financial reasons and are living with family while renting out our former house. Needless to say we are not professional landlords and things are extremely tight right now financially. I came to this forum as one last act of desperation before dishing out what I believe would be at LEAST a $500 repair bill for the dreaded F11 error message. Although I didn't post my problem, there was more than enough info to make a diagnosis that it was either the MCU or CCU. Here are a couple things that I found puzzling.

I have heard that if there is no "click" when plugging the machine in , then the CCU is probably the culprit. I have also heard that if you suddenly get the F11 error and it isn't a slow "creeping" failure then it is likely the MCU....So I figured what the heck and chose the MCU since it sounds like I had about a 50-50 shot.

When I originally went over to the house to take a look at the washer, I checked the connections and took a look at the surface of the circuit board on the MCU but really didn't notice any issues.

Any way, to make a long story short, I ordered the MCU from this site and it looks like that did the trick! The machine operates properly with no F11 code and everything seems to be working fine. When I got home I decided to take the old MCU apart and look at the other side of the circuit board and WOW...hahaaha...I guess I should have done that first....Here are a couple photos of the housing and the board.

Here is the housing:

CameraZOOM-20130206181659065 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here is the circuit board

CameraZOOM-20130206182950246 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Any way....Thanks again to all of you and Appliance Parts Pros! You possibly saved me hundreds!

Steve
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.