Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dorn27  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:56:53 PM(UTC)
dorn27

Groups: Registered

I have a frigidair HE front loading washer and dryer pair.

In the past, I had an issue with the dryer drum (no heat) randomly staying on unless unplugged before it completely lost power and refused to light up. I ended up unable to figure out the problem and called in an appliance repair person. Too much money later, and I was told it was simply a loose connection he fixed and no more issues.

I am once again in this position. A few months ago it was running (no heat) without stopping... and I had to physically unplug it and slam the door of all things, to restore it working properly. (I slammed the door out of anger, and low and behold... fine. I feel like I jiggled something back into place.)

I have power to my outlet. I have power in the 3 prong power cable. Confirmed with a little voltage sensor that simply blinks and beeps continiously if there is power, and one beep and solid light if there is not power. The outlet is functional and plugged in.

I opened up the top of the unit. While plugged in it seems one of my wires is bad. I can't figure out why because all the connections seem good.

This photo shows the "inside" where my 3 prong dryer cable attaches. These cables come from behind the 3 power connections. I hope it will help identify the issue.

There are 3 wires. Black, Red, and 2 white that sprout from the same hole. One white swings back and attaches to nothing, and I'm not the best "electrician" but I assume this a is ground wire of some kind. The other white wire runs along towards the front of the unit and then splits into two, one running to the control panel, one running into a spot by the drum.

The red and black wires have power. But the white wire that runs to the control panel and drum, has no power along it's entire length. No power at source, no power anywhere along the line.

I don't think a ground wire would run and be connected to the control panels, but I will be quite embarassed if that is the case and why there is no power.

I can't find damage. I can't find issues. I am hoping someone has dealt with this problem or can tell me where I should look for a disconnect or what the exact issue is.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.