Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rtrchnj  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 5:11:48 PM(UTC)
rtrchnj

Groups: Registered

OK ... I was eating dinner when I heard the refrig compressor start up, like a million times before, then stop running within a few seconds. I thought "Not good." After some internet research, I unplugged it thinking it was overloaded. After plugging back in, I get a hum, then the freezer fan comes on. Cold air is blowing, but not freezing air like normal. Moving air is more like refrig temp. I've got nothing in the refrig.

After some more internet research, it's suggested I replace the start relay and overload relay to see if it solves problem. $30 in parts is better than a service call just to say the compressor is bad.

However, after finding your website, I'm not sure it's either of the above parts.

I really don't want to play Mr. Parts Changer and spend $$$ by trial and error if I should just replace the refrig.

Would appreciate your insight.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.