Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dchanson55  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:33:19 PM(UTC)
dchanson55

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
So, with a full load, you don't see either pulley hitting the bottom of the washer? Can't really help you any further without seeing/hearing it myself. Can you post a video on youtube?

Eric

Eric, yes I saw the pulley hitting the bottom. I went to the link you posted
for the service kit, I checked my model number againist it but says that kit is incompatible for my model number, which is WCSR4170G1WW. Where can I find a kit? Thanks, Dale
fairbank56  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:34:30 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I don't know why it is telling you it is incompatible, I have the GE service bulletin for this problem and it lists your model number with the service kit number WH49X10065.

Eric
dchanson55  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:41:13 PM(UTC)
dchanson55

I don't know why it is telling you it is incompatible, I have the GE service bulletin for this problem and it lists your model number with the service kit number WH49X10065.

Eric

I clicked the link for the service kit you had posted earlier, on that page was a box saying check your model number for compatibilty with the service kit and it came back not compatible.
fairbank56  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:52:41 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

The compatability check is incorrect. The part number is the correct number for your washer. You might try contacting GE and complaining as this is a design flaw and they may provide you with a replacement part at no charge.

Eric
dchanson55  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:11:15 PM(UTC)
dchanson55

The compatability check is incorrect. The part number is the correct number for your washer. You might try contacting GE and complaining as this is a design flaw and they may provide you with a replacement part at no charge.

Eric

Thanks Eric, you are right, I bought the kit. What is the best way to remove the top cover? Thanks, Dale
fairbank56  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:52:36 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Remove the front panel, remove the two screws just under the cover on each side of the cabinet, reach under the cover and squeeze the lid switch retainer to release it while pushing the switch upwards and then stick the switch back down through the opening. Pull the cover towards you while lifting up the front edge to release the two side catches and three rear locking tabs under the control panel.

Eric
dchanson55  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:26:26 PM(UTC)
dchanson55

I installed the service kit but is still grinding
fairbank56  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:46:52 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Then apparently, the front apron was not sagging? Did you check it? If it was bent down, you should have straightened it before installing new bracket and top cover. Are you sure the noise is coming from the pulley hitting the bottom of the washer? If so, you may need to replace the suspension rods. The front two are different than the rear two.

Eric
dchanson55  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:38:50 PM(UTC)
dchanson55

Then apparently, the front apron was not sagging? Did you check it? If it was bent down, you should have straightened it before installing new bracket and top cover. Are you sure the noise is coming from the pulley hitting the bottom of the washer? If so, you may need to replace the suspension rods. The front two are different than the rear two.

Eric

yes, Im sure it is the big pulley bottoming out that is causing the grinding noise, when I pull up on the tub, the noise stops. Apron was slightly bent and I used pliers to fix it. Do you mean the dampening rods, they looked ok to me, is there a way to adjust them .
fairbank56  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:05:42 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

No, they are suspension rods, or rod and spring assembly. The springs may be weak, allowing the support assembly to drop too low. It's also possible that the rod support sockets that the suspension rods hang from are badly worn or broken which will also allow the support assembly to drop.

Eric