Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
07paras  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 8:57:06 AM(UTC)
07paras

Groups: Registered

I've been searching the internet for the last few months looking for instructions on how to recover something that our washer DID eat (in my case a tab epaulete from a trench coat). Surprisingly, I can't even find confirmation that washers do "eat socks", so-to-speak.

I am absolutely positive that both shoulder pcs. went into the washer (removed from coat) with the coat. One of them was MIA when the washer was done. Yes, I carefully checked every possibility - under washer, behind washer, in sleeve, caught up between the lining and the outer fabric, etc. etc. Its nowhere, therefore, it must be in the washer's housing somewhere.
Does anyone know anything about this phenomena and how I can get my epaulete back?? Specific instructions would be sooooo appreciated.

Thank you in advance to the washer genius that comes to my rescue!

Sara

PS: Hiring someone is financially prohibitive - which is why I laundered it myself, as opposed to taking it to the dry cleaners.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:34:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If you post the model number of your washer I can try help you a stomach surgery on it.

Gene.
07paras  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 6:48:51 PM(UTC)
07paras

Gene, thanks for responding. I didn't think that the machine had a model number, but on further examination I found it ;) I'm not sure what part of the following is the model number so here are the numbers as they appear on the label:
GSX9750PW0
SER
CS1917475
TYPE 118
I'll go get my blow torch, axe and chewing gum and await instructions.
Sara
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 10:33:11 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sara,

In order to get access to the washer internal parts you have to remove the cabinet. You can find complete instructions in the service manual (page 18).

Remove the hoses from the drain pump and check inside the hoses and the pump. Remove the hose from the outer tub and check there.

If your stuff is not there, probably it went through into the house drain.

Gene.
07paras  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 2:28:03 PM(UTC)
07paras

Thanks Gene! I do have the owner's manual so I'll pull it and refer to it as I
crack that nut. Fortunately, the washer drains, via the utility sink, into the floor drain which is grated; so I know the epaulette is trapped somewhere between the tub and the outlet hose. I'll let you know how it turns out.
;)
yabadabadoo1026  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:47:30 PM(UTC)
yabadabadoo1026

I'm not draining either and my door switch is good cause i get it to spin when depressed, I've checked everything /hoses for obstructions and have no clues where to go from here

keep hearing about clothes.sox etc getting sucked into the pump and I can not even conceive of how this can happen---would it not have to get inbetween the tub and outter drum to be able to goes thru the drain hole-----seems impossible???