Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rbloom659  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 5:16:58 AM(UTC)
Rbloom659

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Our Quiet Partner II has functioned flawlessly until about a month ago. Now it will not finish any cycle - just shuts off at random points during the cycle. We have tried running all of the available cycles with the same result. No flashing lights; when it shuts off, all of the lights go out. It frequently, though not always, shuts off right after the soap door opens. Normally, when it finishes a cycle, the clean button stays on until the door is opened. Sometimes, after several tries, it will eventually run through a cycle completely as normal - dishes clean, all water is pumped out, dry cycle works, etc. This is not a very expensive dishwasher (we paid about $340 at Best Buy when new 2.5 years ago), so unless I can repair it fairly easily and inexpensively myself, I am not sure it is worth having a tech come to the house to diagnose and repair. I am thinking that might cost as much as 40 - 50% of the cost of the unit when new. Any troubleshooting suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Best,
Robert
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Keymasawbe  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 6:33:42 AM(UTC)
Keymasawbe

Rbloom,
I am not a Tech, just a guy that likes fixing stuff, but your description of the problem makes think of the door safety shut off switch. The fact that it can shut off at anytime, but especially after the soap door opens made me think of this. The models that I know make a snap or clack sound when the soap door opens sending a slight vibration thru the door. If the door switch is barely making contact that might break the contact. If you remove the inner door panel and access the handle, the switch is probably in there, maybe a reed type switch that could use some cleaning or tweaking at the contacts. Just an idea, but your listening to a guy that fixed his VCR by putting maple syrup on a drive wheel.
Good luck, Key
denman  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:00:04 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Yes it could be a door switch that is either just activating or has an internal problem.

Also remove power and remove the wire nuts that connect the unit to the house wiring. Then redo these connections.

May also be a loose connection elsewhere in the system probably in the power lines going to the control board.

See the attachment for the tech sheet. It may be useful to you.
File Attachment(s):
DU1300.pdf (245kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Rbloom659  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:51:31 AM(UTC)
Rbloom659

Thanks for the suggestions - I cleaned the door latch switch connectors, to no avail. I will try redoing the wiring next and report the results. Thanks to Key and denman for your help.

Robert
Rbloom659  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2012 5:01:33 AM(UTC)
Rbloom659

Well, I ended up ordering a new circuit board from Amazon at $119.99 shipping included. That fixed it - dishwasher works fine now. Kind of an expensive repair for a $340 machine, but still cheaper than a new one. That said, it was a very easy and quick replacement removing the faulty one and putting in the new. Thanks again for your help.

Robert
ksrmd  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2012 6:03:14 AM(UTC)
ksrmd

I have the same problem with my GE Profile PDW8600N00BB. If I buy the control board, how do I replace it?
Keymasawbe  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2012 12:34:45 PM(UTC)
Keymasawbe

Congrats Rob on getting it fixed, yup it was pricey but ya don't have to hassle with getting a new one and installing it.
Ksrmd, you might want to post a new thread so the real techs like denman will be sure to read it, he will likely even send you spec drawings. If your unit is like most, you will need to remove the inner door panel, probably with the right size torx bit, then disconnect a wire or two with quick connects. The control board is probably up behind there, and is easliy removed, helps to have a small 1/4 inch drive socket set. But somtimes you can spend big bucks on a control circuit board, but then find the problem is the control panel or somthing else.
-Key
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 8:04:52 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
How do you remove the bottom filter? Water accumulates and wants to leak out. Not sure how to remove the spray assembly. Tried turning the cap off but doest seem to make a difference. Thanks
Brian
Bkenemy@sympatico.ca
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 8:06:27 AM(UTC)

United States

How do you remove the bottom filter? Water accumulates and wants to leak out. Not sure how to remove the spray assembly. Tried turning the cap off but doest seem to make a difference. Thanks
Brian
Bkenemy@sympatico.ca
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 8:08:03 AM(UTC)

United States

Brian
Bkenemy@sympatico.ca
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply