Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
john7  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2009 3:42:34 PM(UTC)
john7

Groups: Registered

Our Kenmore electric range is only a year and a half old and the bake and broil elements do not heat up. The stove top and clock work just fine. When "bake" is selected the display shows the desired temperature and there is a "click" but no heat goes to either element. I have examined the elements as well as all of the wires connected to them and everything seems to be in good shape. Again, it is a Kenmore electric range model #790.95033503. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

smiles4sunshine54  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:52:35 AM(UTC)
smiles4sunshine54

I have that exact model range with the exact problem...and it's also about 1 1/2 - 2 years old. Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away and I have people expecting a turkey....Please help!
johncurious1  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 6:39:12 AM(UTC)
johncurious1

I also have the exact same problem. However my range is about 14 years old and model# is 911.4694590. Help!!!!!!!:eek:
meelkins  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 5:21:45 AM(UTC)
meelkins

I also have a Kenmore 790.95033503 that is exactly 2 years old and does not heat up. Purchase date 10/31/07 and problem started 10/31/09, ain't that something. From everything that I am reading it is the clock that is malfunctioning, you know from other people having the same problem with Kenmore ovens. The part is running about 100 bucks. I am beyond frustrated that an oven that is 2 years old is already costing money to fix. :mad:
pjacob  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2010 1:35:04 PM(UTC)
pjacob

I have a similar issue with my 4 year old Kenmore 790-96122407. When I push the 'bake' button, the broiler goes on instead. The lower element does not go on.
dalycottage  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 2:35:58 AM(UTC)
dalycottage

We recently had the same problem with the same model stove.

I noticed the high current yellow wire connection on the relay/clock board was loose. Also the 3 wire clip assembly was barely connecting. Reattaching everything properly didn't help.
I then carefully removed the relay/clock board after taking lots of pictures and marking which wire went where. I gently pried the relay board from the housing and folded it open. It hinged on the ribbon cable. There was a black solder blow out on one of the relay terminals.
There is a lot of room to work on this board. I cleaned the charred area carefully with a soft brass brush and applied solder with the iron set on high. It had the potential to become a cold solder joint again and needed a lot of heat before setting up properly. I also completely embedded some copper wire strands into the melted solder. I believe this helped transfer heat as well as improve conductivity.

(The relay terminal had no contact with the circuit board other than through a cold solder joint. This combined with the current surges from loose wire connections caused the solder to blow out)
My wonderful wife quickly rewarded me with delicious hot biscuits. :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply