Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EDM_123  
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:38:08 AM(UTC)
EDM_123

Groups: Registered

I just call the numbers given here twice and got transferred to the Canadian CS. They told me there was no recall and that the repair will be billable to me if they send tech.
:confused:
amybe  
#32 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 10:26:07 AM(UTC)
amybe

Originally Posted by: ksv131 Go to Quoted Post
Called the 866-698-8253 number someone else posted and whirlpool is aware of the problem and offering to send repairman to cover parts and labor. Let's hope it all works out well.

good luck they came and replaced the part in my washerand still have same damn code
AnAudLife  
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2012 10:49:44 AM(UTC)
AnAudLife

ATTENTION CONSUMERS!!! Do NOT buy the Cabrio washing machine!!!!!! I've had mine for 4 years, paid a little over $1,000 for it. I'm getting the famous F1 error code that everyone else has gotten and Whirlpool is NOT standing behind their product, they told me all parts and labor will have to be paid by me, not Whirpool. It will cost $400 or more to repair it. For that money I could buy a brand new washer. When sooooo many people's washers are doing the same thing then obviously there's some sort of flaw, they need to recall and do the right thing by their customers. DON'T BUY A WHIRLPOOL, once they get your money, they don't care!!!

I've signed the petition. I've joined the Class Action Law Suit. I've joined the Facebook page as well.

Facebook is a powerful tool against companies that don't stand behind their products. "Like" the page and tell your story: https://www.facebook.com/CabrioW...erByWhirlpoolF1ErrorCode
AnAudLife  
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:46:27 PM(UTC)
AnAudLife

Join the Facebook page!!! Share your story and photos.

https://www.facebook.com/CabrioW...erByWhirlpoolF1ErrorCode
cheezwiz123  
#35 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 12:28:38 PM(UTC)
cheezwiz123

Originally Posted by: eebaileys Go to Quoted Post
I had to call Whirlpool 2 times. I called 866-698-8253 and was told that my serial number was not included in the recall. I still set up an appointment for repair that would have cost me $129.95 plus parts. However, still a little confused :confused: as to why my appliance wouldnt be covered under the recall I continued reading the replies on this forum. I saw a different 800# (800.253.1301). so thankful I followed my intuition. :) My appliance is covered under the recall for the F1 code/electrical unit issue. It was overlooked by the rep at the first 800#. I will have my appliance service call tomorrow and continue with my "Happy Washing". Thanks for all the information. :o :D

I just had the same thing happen. Called the 866# and was told my serial # was not included, so full charge repair. Hung up, looked at a few more forum posts and found this one. Called 800 253 1301 & got covered for parts & labor. The woman told me this was called a "quality assurance issue" rather than a recall (which apparently involves safety(?)) "Recalls" apparently have an indicator on the rep's screen and the first rep stopped looking when she didn't see that blinking light. So, I guess terminology makes a difference and folks may get better results using the term "quality assurance issue." I hope this info helps someone else.
mightyquick  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 6:39:15 AM(UTC)
mightyquick

Just got off the phone with Whirlpool support. I tried washing a load this morning and got the F1 code shortly after about 10 minutes of washing. I found this site here with the support number and called it. A nice gentleman named "Levi" answered. He found my info on when I purchased it (2007), my name, my address and the Cabrios info, ALL based on my caller ID! Cool! So I told him what happened and he said it was a known "quality control" issue and it would be fixed for free. He scheduled a repair man to come by tomorrow morning to fix it. I'm in the Upstate NY area. Just wanted to say "Thanks!" to all of you that had posted the details of what an "F1" issue was (Main processor board error) and the Whirlpool support line number.
Dave
ptsledge  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:27:43 AM(UTC)
ptsledge

Spent several hours on phone with Whirpool. Representative said they would send technician out at their cost. Never received call. When I call back they refuse to honor the word of previous representative and instead say I am responsible for all costs associated with technician. Talked to manager and she will not honor word and said there is no one able to honor the word at Whirlpool. WHIRLPOOL IS NOT CAPABLE OF HONORING THEIR WORD OR THEIR PRODUCTS.
OGDaddio  
#38 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:17:29 AM(UTC)
OGDaddio

Originally Posted by: king4022 Go to Quoted Post
I just called and my washer was purchased in April 07 and they are sending someone to service it free of charge. Here is the number I called:
1-866-698-2538 .....I had not registered it and was able to do so when I called. Good Luck!

We purchased ours new in 12/06. I just called this number and Whirlpool does cover the cost in full. No more powering it off three times to continue the load. I should have Googled the F1 fault months ago when this started becoming a truly annoying phenomenon!
bettyboop1976  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:39:14 AM(UTC)
bettyboop1976

Hello,
I too have this same washer and the same F1 code dilemma. I just called the Whirlpool customer service line at 1800-253-1301 and they acknowledged that they have had this issue over and over again with these washers. The customer service rep. checked with her supervisor and came back on the line at which time she said the service call, parts, and labor would all be covered for FREE. There seems to have been major issues with these washers and this F1 code error for them to offer to pick up the bill, I am assuming they must be tired of all the phone calls but nevertheless they were very helpful. They scheduled an appointment for the service tech to come out the very next day (which is today). By the way, my washer was purchased in July 2007 and they are still covering the charges related to the repair, so even if your machine is older I would not hesitate to call. Good luck! :)
VaJoe  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:49:28 AM(UTC)
VaJoe

Had to call twice. After the first call; on the day I was to get the service, the Tech pre-called and let me know that the ticket was set up incorrectly and that I would be charged for everything. I asked if he had dealt with the F1 issue before and he said "oooh yeah" . I cancelled the appointment and called again. I am guessing that the two numbers ring to different call centers but share the same database as the second service rep could see my original appointment. My washer was purchased in 2008 and is a top loader. They will check to see if your washer is included in the "quality issue" not a recall per se. They are covering parts and labor not the cost of the service call. I am ok with this. I did get more competent help from the 800-253-1301 number.