Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simon / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:44:30 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Good luck.

Simon.
slauer  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:23:00 AM(UTC)
slauer

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: DavZe Go to Quoted Post
I'm still having problems with this unit. First off, the # 263088 dispenser specified in the model number parts listing was the incorrect part. That part number is for the vented dispenser. Our dishwasher uses the non-vented dispenser # 488964.

After Returning the part and getting the non-vented dispenser, I was able to remove the old dispenser after removing the top rack. However, I'm having difficulty getting the new dispenser installed. It seems that I can't push it in far enough for the tabs to click into place. I've tried putting a foot stool under the door to support it with a towel to protect the fascia and then pushing down on the dispenser, but it seems that I can only get one clip to pop into place.

Should I put some type of lubricant on the seal to help the dispenser snap into place? I tried wetting the seal with some water, but that didn't help. My thoughts were to try some soapy water or perhaps some silicone based lubricant might work. I have both silicone spray and AGS Sil-Glyde silicone grease. Would either of these work? What's the trick to getting the dispenser to push in far enough to get all of the tabs to click into place?

Thanks, DavZe

Hi DavZe
I have the same problem. Did the soapy water allow you to install the Bosh dispenser?

Spencer
DavZe  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 5:58:20 AM(UTC)
DavZe

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: slauer Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem. Did the soapy water allow you to install the Bosh dispenser?

I realize that this is much too late to be of any help to Spencer, but for the record, a bit of Ivory liquid soap mixed with a small volume of water was the best lubricant. Also, supporting the metal around the opening with a large straight blade screwdriver allowed the clips on the door to engage with the new soap dispenser. In addition, be careful about the screwdriver you use. If it's not large enough, there will be too much pressure concentrated in a small area and the stainless steel door panel may get dented. You might want to experiment with taping an elongated, flat piece of steel to the end of the screwdriver to increase the contact surface area. Go around the soap dispenser getting the tangs engaged and then work on getting them hooked onto the next level down to ensure a tight seal. I wound up having to push down on the new soap dispenser quite firmly like I was giving the thing CPR. 3+ years later it still works with no leaks at the dispenser.