Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeff / APP Team  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:18:42 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

If the unit was running around 0° and then goes down to -20°, you may have a temperature sensor issue with the unit. I have attached a copy of the thermistor chart to test the sensor. You will need a multi-meter to test it. The thermistor is located in the vent of the freezer assembly. If it is bad, you will need to order the assembly for the thermistor. Here is the part number for that as well.
Part number: AP4169102
Part number: AP4169102
File Attachment(s):
Samsung Thermistor Chart.pdf (75kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
Jennifer1969  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 1:54:08 PM(UTC)
Jennifer1969

Groups: Registered

Jeff, thanks so much for all the info. had a lot going on (major issues with internet and unable to get back online earlier) -- yeah the cable co doesnt like me now. :) update on ice over..... up until 3 days ago, no ice at all on the botton of the freezer (or frozen running down slope of back wall).. GUESS what? today i noticed a small piece of ice at the front. weird thing is, that this past saturday, my boyfriend emptied the entire ice holder for our cooler, and then we have ice over on the bottom again???? any idea? thanks for the termistor chart, i will get that checked asap. but any chance our ice maker is an issue on top of the temp sensor? thanks again, Jen
Jeff / APP Team  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:42:51 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

I don't think there is an ice maker issue here, but you can check and see if it is leaking. Also, check and see if there use to be a metal sleeve that went from the heater cover to the drain hold. If so, you may need to replace the evaporator assembly. Part number: AP4143679
Jennifer1969  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:40:26 PM(UTC)
Jennifer1969

Jeff, thanks (once again) for the advice.
I will get my boyfriend to check each that you have advised. He is getting irritated enough that he is threatening to buy a new fridge. I hate to do that, if the thing can be fix with minor cost put into it.. I will keep you posted.

:)
Jen
Jennifer1969  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:21:52 PM(UTC)
Jennifer1969

Originally Posted by: Jeff / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
I don't think there is an ice maker issue here, but you can check and see if it is leaking. Also, check and see if there use to be a metal sleeve that went from the heater cover to the drain hold. If so, you may need to replace the evaporator assembly. Part number: AP4143679

Jeff

Going to go ahead and order AP4169102 (assy) and replace, but firgured I would order the other part you indicated (Evaporator Assy) but the part # you referenced (Part #AP4143679) doesnt show as being compatible with my model (samsung RS2630WW), are you aware of another part # for the evaporator, so I can order then both at the same time in case i end up needing to replace the evaporator anyways.
Thanks
Jen
Jeff / APP Team  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:36:56 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Hello Jen. This is the part number your model number pulls up and calls for. It should work fine.
Jennifer1969  
#27 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:55:20 AM(UTC)
Jennifer1969

Jeff
Received part da97-02045b and it doesnt look like anything in my freezer. the vents that stick out do not match the parts to my rs2630ww as far as figuring how to actually install this part.
are there any instructions online on how to install this part, as typically its pretty much a "no brainer" -- but since this part does not look like anything in the back of my freezer, i am not sure what to do.

as for part ##AP4143679, the compatibility tool on the page shows this isnt compatible with an rs2630ww, but app doesnt have a similar compatible part in stock, so even though i found the correct part on another site, they cancelled the order saying to part is no longer manufactured, so i cant replace that part, and wondering if it makes sense to keep replacing parts when obviously i am going to get to a point where i cant get a part ie, evap (attached screen shot of that part and the "red" not compatible notice at the bottom part
im not sure what to do now.

thanks
Jen
File Attachment(s):
ap4143679.doc (156kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
josterberg  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:23:41 PM(UTC)
josterberg

Originally Posted by: EMALINOSKI Go to Quoted Post
DID THIS SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY STILL DOES SAME THING

Is the water making it into the drain pan? My idea, (I'm not a pro as Jeff is) is to reverse the process. I got access to my drain hose inlet by dropping thermostat housing, it had a drainage tube about 1" long at the bottom. That inserted into the drain hose. I had trouble getting a funnel back there, so after several messy attempts I just reversed the process. I found the plastic drain pan in the rear of the unit, and pulled the hose out far enough to blow some compressed air into it. Some debris came out the other end, plus some water. If you don't have access to an air compressor, maybe a can of PC cleaning type compressed air duster would work, or better yet a long, sturdy but flexible version of a pipe cleaner to run all the way through. You will probably be disgusted by the "mung" that comes out if the unit is old--- by all means don't use your mouth to blow on the hose unless you clean the end inside and out thoroughly and fabricate a protective sleeve for it first. The last thing you want is for the grunge in/on the hose to get inside your mouth. Just some ideas from the peanut gallery, Jost:eek: