Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Griphus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:14:47 AM(UTC)
Griphus

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

We've owned an LG TROMM for just over 5 years. It recently stopped draining, so I replaced the main control board. I tried running again and it still didn't drain so I measured the resistance of the drain pump. Resistance was 0 so I replaced the drain pump. I blew through the drain hose (using my lungs, not an air compressor) and it was clear. I hooked everything back up and the drain pump is still not running.

Resistance across the new pump is 14 Ohms. I'm getting 110VAC across the motor connectors when they are disconnected, effectively 0VAC when they are connected (not surprising to me with such a small resistance).

So, absolutely no idea what the problem is. The only thing I can possibly think of is that I damaged the new control board when I tried to run the burned out pump with it.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped & frustrated.

Thanks!
Timothy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.