Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
melindac  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 2:49:09 PM(UTC)
melindac

Groups: Registered

Help!! We just had a dishwasher installed a few days ago. It runs fine except there is still water in the bottom after it finishes. What to do ???????
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 3:42:02 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

If you just had it installed, maybe have the installer return and check it out. The drain hose on those models must be run up to a high point under the counter and then connected to the disposer or drain. If the hose just runs up to the connection, water can return to the DW after the drain pump stops.

TechnicianBrian
audreyeliz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 7:34:44 AM(UTC)
audreyeliz

I have kind of the same problem. Water at the bottom of the machine but everytime the drain cycle should start i hear a click, the motor isn't turning but is humming and after 5 seconds another click and nothing. I took the pump/motor out nothing is blocked and the impellers run freely. My dishwasher is a Whirlpool Du943pwkq0 installed 5 years ago. Do i need to replace the pump?
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 10:12:13 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

The pump on your dishwasher will spin one direction to wash and reverse to drain. The best way to troubleshoot this is to remove the access panel and look for the connector to the pump. It will have blue, grey, yellow and red/black wires. If you can get access to a volt-ohm meter, connect the meter to the grey and red/black wires and put the machine into drain. You should read 120volts approx. If you do and the pump doesn't operate, then you are looking at a motor. If you do not have voltage at those points, you are looking at a control assembly. And if you do not have a meter, you are most likely looking at a motor, but I would get a meter just to make sure.

TechnicianBrian
audreyeliz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:07:18 PM(UTC)
audreyeliz

Thankx for the quick reply TechnicianBrian. I checked the voltage between the grey and yellow at the motor and i read 2 to 5 volts. I open the inside door to access the control board and ran the same test. Same readings. So you think i should replace the control board? Thank you in advance.
TechnicianBrian  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:38:09 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Before you get to far, I made an error in the wire colors. Unplug the motor from the harness and do a resistance check of the motor. Between the grey and red/black wires you should read approx 5 ohms and between the blue and red/black wires you should read approx 3 ohms. This will verify the electrical operation of the motor. If either check reads an open circuit, the motor is bad. Then reverify the voltage between the grey wire and the red/black wire and then between the blue wire and the red/black wire. Do this with the motor disconnected from the harness. You should have 120vac on each reading you take when you put the unit into drain. Make sure the unit is in drain and the door is closed. If you now don't have the voltage, then it's the control. Sorry for the misinformation on the first post, I was working on a similar DW and was looking at the wrong tech sheet.

TechnicianBrian
audreyeliz  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 12:42:42 PM(UTC)
audreyeliz

Ok i checked and between grey and red/black i have about 3 ohms and the same between blue and red/black. For the voltage i have 120 v. between blue and red/black but only 43 v. between grey and red/black. I should replace my control board? Thank you.
TechnicianBrian  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 2:35:36 PM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Looks like a control board. If you chose to replace it, take a look at the parts breakdown for the door as to what to take apart to get to the control. It isn't as obvious as you would expect. Good Luck

TechnicianBrian
ronnie77  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:35:06 PM(UTC)
ronnie77

Originally Posted by: melindac Go to Quoted Post
Help!! We just had a dishwasher installed a few days ago. It runs fine except there is still water in the bottom after it finishes. What to do ???????
MINE DID THE SAME THING. I unhooked it off the dishwasher outlet and let it drain in a bucket once. some food came out. and after that no problem.
ronnie77  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:40:51 PM(UTC)
ronnie77

I had the same problem. i unhooked the drain from disposal. its just a hose clamp. and let it drain in a bucket. some food coughed out. and it drained fine. after that.