Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
akkelley3  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:38:47 PM(UTC)
akkelley3

Groups: Registered

After setting the oven control knob to Bake and setting the temperature knob to the desired cooking temperature, the oven will initially try to heat up, but after a minute or so, will display ERR code and stop. While it attempts to heat up,the displayed set temperature fluctuates and it beeps constantly. Is there a control board that needs replaced?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 1:06:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did you try to change to another function, using the Function knob without turning it off first?

Gene.
akkelley3  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 4:48:30 PM(UTC)
akkelley3

Gene,
Thanks for the reply. No, I set the function knob to Bake, set the temperature, and within a few minutes get the ERR on the display. I can get it to work if I select Conv Bake sometimes. I am just trying to figure out what needs to be replaced to fix this issue. This is very frustrating.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 5:31:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sounds like the problem is a bad oven control board but there is a chance for the function switch to be bad as well. I could not find any detailed troubleshooting instructions. You may want to call Sears for more specific diagnosis.

Gene.
akkelley3  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 5:19:16 AM(UTC)
akkelley3

Thanks for the quick response Gene. I'll check with Sears.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 3:08:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2023 9:46:02 PM(UTC)

United States

I had this issue, and found the part needed on 2 other sites that are no longer open to replies. I hope this post helps the next user.
The broken part is the Temperature Control, part #318601500 (AP3951054) by Frigidaire - cost ~$50.
This part is seated in the front panel, connected to the oven temperature control knob.

The hardest part was figuring out how to remove the front panel. To do this, screws need to be removed from 3 sides. 3 screws come out from beneath the panel, accessible with the oven door open. 2 screws come out from the inside of the stovetop - the outermost screws facing the front. 4 screws need to be removed from behind the knobs - easiest is to just remove all the screws from behind the knobs. The panel should easily pull out away from the stove.
In order to replace the Temp. Control part, also remove the hex nut from behind the oven temp. knob.

Once out, the part is easily seen, and the connecting wire removed. With the hex nut removed, the part should easily lift out. Remove the black metal sleeve from the old part and place on the new one. Without that, the knob will not fit securely.
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2023 6:02:53 AM(UTC)

United States

I have the 36 inch dual fuel oven (Kenmore Pro) and my oven does the same thing. I've thrown so many parts at it but they don't seem to fix the problem. I just tried the temperature control part suggested in this feed and it did not fix the problem. (commented 11/26/2023)
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2024 5:28:35 AM(UTC)

United States

I have 30” dual fuel and if setting temperature between 300-400 it continuously beeps and searches for temperature. Any suggestions are welcome.
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2024 2:32:26 AM(UTC)

United States

OMG I have been dealing with this issue for years. I’ve had sear out shortly after I got it and they really didn’t say much. I have noticed it’s takes a half hour for oven to preheat. Is that normal ? Then it fluctuates temps and beeps. I guess I’ll call a local appliance repair to look at it.
Other than that I love the range. I really like the probe for roasting

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply