Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dragoness  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 3:18:49 PM(UTC)
Dragoness

Groups: Registered

We moved into a "new" house recently and we don't own but we pretty much have the responsibility of repairs, long story but I promise we aren't getting a bad deal.

Anyway, just over a week before Turkey day the broil element went out in a blaze of glory, fireworks and all. Its broken in half.
So I searched and searched and finally found it online, ordered 8 days before Turkey day. I was told 1-5 days for delivery and it was "in stock"
The part never came and I called many times and emailed and got NO response. Finally I get ahold of them, its "backordered" but somehow they could not be bothered to reply to me JUST ONCE and tell me. I had 21 people here for Turkey day and I needed a fully operational oven. I canceled the order. So here I sit over 3 weeks later and the idiots still haven't refunded my money, and to date have not returned a single call or email.

So I NEED that part. I have a pizza in now, the directions say 9-11 minutes and its going for about 22.

I know what the part looks like and I can link to it from that site that is giving me the run around, but I don't know if its allowed to link to other sites. Its the only place I can find it.

The oven is so old (I am guessing 1963?) that the model number doesn't come up in ANY database so far.

Can anyone help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:32:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If you did not get rid of the old part, take a magnifier and look for any numbers on the rear part of it.

Post your findings.

If you do not have the old part then try to link to it from the previous site.

Gene.
Dragoness  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:35:51 PM(UTC)
Dragoness

I can't find anything on the old part at all

but here is a link to the part I need, I WILL NOT be buying from them. Hopefully I can find the part on the store for this site, I sent an email.

Stove bake and broil elements page 2

its 3/4 of the way down RP55545, of course I am not 100% sure its right, but its the ONLY one that matches in size and appearance and it says it replaced Modern Maid which is what I have.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:58:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

There are too many digits after "RP". Usually it suppose to be three digits.
How did you get this part number?

Can you draw a picture of the heating element with all dimensions (at least the depth, the width and the length of the terminals) and post it? It might help.

Gene.
Dragoness  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:01:02 PM(UTC)
Dragoness

If I draw a picture know one will know what it is. The picture is in the link I posted, 3/4 of the way down, the number on that page is RP55545
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:19:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

I found the right part number for the broil heating element for your oven, but APP does not have it in stock. I would recommend to call them tomorrow at 877-477-7278 (or you can use the live chat during the business hours) and they will tell exactly how long it will take to get the part.

- The part number for the broil heating element AP3087025

Gene.
Dragoness  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:45:22 PM(UTC)
Dragoness

Is there any way to see what it looks like? Its says for a whirlpool and its 1/3 the cost of the part I found.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:58:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

The Moder Maid have been purchased by the Maytag long time ago and recently the Whirlpool bought the Maytag.

The picture of the part I have only in the parts catalog on my desk, not in the computer.

I guarantee this is exactly the same part as shown on the link you provided.

Gene.
Dragoness  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 6:01:23 PM(UTC)
Dragoness

Can you check the measurement for me please? I know there is one part that looks identical but its a 15in area between the plugs, the one I need is 13inches. If its the right part I will be ordering just as soon as those other ummm... jerks refund my money or I get paid, whichever comes first.

Thank you so much, awsome!!!!
Gene  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 6:05:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

All measurements are exactly the same.

Gene.