Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ljoytar  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:36:53 PM(UTC)
ljoytar

Groups: Registered

We have a Frigidaire Gallery Heavy Duty Stack Washer/Dryer.
Today, after the wash cycle, but before the rinse cycle, it did not spin out. It pumped the water out but drum won't spin. When we took the front panel off, the motor was hot and smelled hot. WE held the lid latch switch off and ran it again. It still didn't spin and again it smelled hot and the motor was hot to touch. We don't know where to go from here. We were going to remove the agitator to see if there was something stuck under it, but weren't sure how to go about it. Would that cause the tub not to spin?
The washer was purchased in April of 2001 and this is the first issue we have had with it.

We really like the washer and would like to repair it. We live in rural Arkansas and there is almost no service repair people in our area.

Thanks for any help you can give us.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

iblashaun  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:19:12 PM(UTC)
iblashaun

Groups: Registered

i have a Gibson stack able unit did exact same thing .did everything but spin,and was a little louder than usual.i tore the whole washer apart.i bought a repair book teal reasonable thru repair ************.my problem was a bearing that is located down by the pulley that that turns washer .i have found that most stack able sets are more or less alike just have different parts .the front of book says repair kenmore tappan maytag on and on.on my bearing it says koyo which is manuf. has arrow one way says free the other side of arrow says lock which is what it does when it spins.Mind you this is on outside of transmission.But they (appliance places) dont sale says they will sale you whole transmission.which theres nothing wrong with except it dont spin.the other number on bearing says wc86205.iam going to go to a bearing place in my town(they all have to see it )there was a few on ******** for 29.00 hope this helps.remember it has to lock so it spins.i hope this helps it took me two weeks iam going tomorrow see if i can buy good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply