Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jcc4507fly  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:44:32 PM(UTC)
Jcc4507fly

Groups: Registered

My freezer/fridge isn't cooling. The lights work and there is clicking coming from the motherboard. The fans & compressor will not come on. The fridge was working intermittently, however now it's toast. Is there a way I can test the evap fan by hooking it to a 12V DC power block I have laying around? Not sure what wires are necessary. The evap fan has a red(12V), yellow with black stripe(?), white(common), blue(rpm).
I'm pretty confident I need a mb. Due to the fact there is a burnt spot on the backside of the board. It is behind the bigger of the 2 relays on the 120V AC line in. I attempted a temporary solder to buy me a couple days to no avail. I just don't want to replace the board only to have an underlying issue burn the new board.
I can jump from J11 to J9 and the heater kicks on. I can also jump from J11 to J8 and the compressor cycles on. I have check for DC voltage across the J2 connector but there is NO voltage between red-white, Yellow/blackstrip-white, yellow-white. Not sure if this helps.

My current board is GEA model no., 197D4603G002
This is also on the board, 022400769
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.