Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
melissourgos  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:23:08 PM(UTC)
melissourgos

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher makes a buzzing noise at all the cycles without starting any off them. took the black wire off the motor selonoid to see if it was the motor but it continued doing the same. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:50:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There are two pumps with motors - the drain pump and the circulation pump. Also that noise could come from the water inlet valve. Remove the bottom panel and try to pinpoint the noise.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Bosch SHU4302 UC/06 (FD 7705-7912) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
melissourgos  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:48:51 PM(UTC)
melissourgos

What is the best way to remove the bottom panel? Any diagrams online? How about removing the side panels and could a stack float creating the same condition? Thanks.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 6:52:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Look under the door and you will see the screw on each side of the bottom panel.

There are no floats in this dishwasher and even if there was one, how a stack float can cause any noise?

Gene.
melissourgos  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 7:31:40 PM(UTC)
melissourgos

If by chance the noise comes from the control panel, I will assume that will indicate that it needs to be replaced. Thanks for all ur help.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 4:03:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
melissourgos  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:10:10 AM(UTC)
melissourgos

I took both side panels off and I noticed that the sound was coming from the motor on the right side towards the front of the dishwasher. The motor was hot. It stoped making the noise when I removed the white and purple wires it has on the top. The motor is locked and it wont turn if you try to turn it manually. The reason I am saying this is cause there were garbage that had backed up into the machine from the sink by mistake. I was wondering if maybe someting is stuck in there and prevends it from turning. On another note: there is no way to drop the bottom with just removing the 2 screws in the front. There are 2 screws in the back that seem to hold it in place. Also it seems that the sump clamps will have to be removed to drop the bottom. I will assume that the bottom will have to be removed to replace the motor or to check for anything that keeps it from turning. your feed back or any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:13:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: melissourgos Go to Quoted Post
...I noticed that the sound was coming from the motor on the right side towards the front of the dishwasher. The motor was hot. It stoped making the noise when I removed the white and purple wires it has on the top. The motor is locked and it wont turn if you try to turn it manually...

...there is no way to drop the bottom with just removing the 2 screws in the front...

The motor on the right side is the circulation pump & motor. You can fix it by replacing the impeller, using the pump repair kit. There is a chance for the motor itself to be bad too due to continuous overheating. You have to decide to replace it at the same time or try your luck and keep the old motor. The installation instructions are attached to the post.

I never said anything about the bottom of the dishwasher. I said "the bottom panel" meaning the toe kick plate (#18 at the diagram).

- The circulation pump repair kit Part number: 167085
Part number: 167085

- The circulation pump motor Part number: 263835
Part number: 263835

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Circulation pump and impeller - part 1.doc (815kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
Circulation pump and impeller - part 2.doc (1,320kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
Circulation pump and impeller - part 3.doc (1,034kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
melissourgos  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:54:33 PM(UTC)
melissourgos

Can you possibly resend the documents in .pdf format so i can open them. Thanks
Gene  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:19:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

I don't have them in PDF. If you don't have MS Office, you can try to open them in Open Office.

Gene.