Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cinekw  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 2:00:02 PM(UTC)
cinekw

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore front load washer model # 970-C40052-00 purchased in 2002. Worked flawlessly until recently when Sears technician was in my house repairing my dish washer. I asked him about my washer being loud when in final spin cycle. He told me that the bearing has gone and the new inner tub assembly will have be installed and new drain pump because it was noisy. Because I had an extended warranty for it they replaced all for free. Before the repair I had no problems with clothes being wet at the end of the cycle but now I do. The washer goes in to the final spin cycle when it empty then if I load it with clothes it will finish the whole was cycle but at the end when it should spin fast it only goes left and right in slow speed with the drain pump working and then it ends the program and turns off and the door lock light goes off. Sometimes if I removed some of the load and re-enter the final spin cycle it would work fine but then I have to do this process twice where before it worked all the time.

What could the problem? Sears won’t send the Tech again because this would be the third repair and according to their policy they want offer me credit towards a purchase of a new washer instead of fixing this one.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HankH  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:50:54 AM(UTC)
HankH

Did you ever get an answer to your problem? My Kenmore 970-C40052-00 stopped final spin too. But when I move the dial back to final spin a second time, it completes the spin.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:50:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi HankH,

Seems like the problem is a bad timer. I'm assuming you are in Canada. Unfortunately APP does not ship parts outside of US and you would not be able to use their hassle free return policy in case if it would not fix the problem.

- The timer Part number: 131854200
Part number: 131854200

Gene.
HankH  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:28:37 AM(UTC)
HankH

Gene,

I suspect you are correct that it is the timer, but want to be sure before spending the money for a timer. A number of websites say that problems are often misdiagnosed as timer problems.

The drain pump and spin works mid-wash cycle, and at the end of the wash cycle. Then rinse water is added and washer goes into spin cycle. But the drain pump does not come on, and the washer acts almost like it is in a normal wash cycle. After the wash is done, there is still water in the drum. But then if you reset to the beginning of the spin cycle again, it goes through the spin cycle as it should.

I gave the incorrect washer number. It is a front loader washer Kenmore #417.40052990.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:43:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: HankH Go to Quoted Post
...But the drain pump does not come on, and the washer acts almost like it is in a normal wash cycle...

Check for 120 VAC to the pump at that time.

Here is the wiring diagram.

Gene.
HankH  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:38:18 PM(UTC)
HankH

Thank you. This wiring diagram is far better than what I found online.
HankH  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:29:43 PM(UTC)
HankH

The washer is working now. 41 coins in the coin trap didn't cause the problem, but a guitar pick did. It would lodge in the drain pump, and cause problems. Why it did more so on final spin drain than it did on the normal cycle drain, I don't know. But it works now.
HankH  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:29:51 PM(UTC)
HankH

The washer is working now. 41 coins in the coin trap didn't cause the problem, but a guitar pick did. It would lodge in the drain pump, and cause problems. Why it did more so on final spin drain than it did on the normal cycle drain, I don't know. But it works now.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 1:15:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Such things are unpredictable. I'm glad to hear you were able to find it and your washer is up and running.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply