Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KevinFo  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 11:43:37 AM(UTC)
KevinFo

Groups: Registered

The Frigidaire dishwasher will not turn off when the wash cycle completes. When the door is closed the unit continues to run. The problem started when we had a power outage. I have turned off the power and reset the unit without success. I contacted Frigidaire concerning the warranty, but found out I didn't send the registration card when the unit was purchased, thus Frigidaire can't help :( Any ideas on fixing the problem would be appreciated.

Kevin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 1:11:29 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi, Kevin.

Most likely you need to replace the control board

Part number: 154815601
Part number: 154815601

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Frigidaire FGHD2433KF1 DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
JMuzik  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 1:04:05 PM(UTC)
JMuzik

I am having the same problem as you are on the same Frigidaire model dishwasher. I was wondering if you have tried the advice posted and if it fixed the issue.
KevinFo  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 2:39:58 PM(UTC)
KevinFo

The new control board fixed the problem. It was very easy to replace.
JMuzik  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:44:34 AM(UTC)
JMuzik

Thanks for the reply. I am relieved to hear it worked, although not thrilled that my 1yr old appliance needs a part that costs over a hundred bucks. I have a couple more questions... did you buy the part from the link in the listing? And I'm guessing you were able to replace it yourself? Also, have you found out any info as to whether this could have been caused by the power outage you mentioned in your first post? I am concerned about buying a part to fix it and having the unit be vulnerable. I appreciate the info!
KevinFo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:06:48 AM(UTC)
KevinFo

Originally Posted by: JMuzik Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reply. I am relieved to hear it worked, although not thrilled that my 1yr old appliance needs a part that costs over a hundred bucks. I have a couple more questions... did you buy the part from the link in the listing? And I'm guessing you were able to replace it yourself? Also, have you found out any info as to whether this could have been caused by the power outage you mentioned in your first post? I am concerned about buying a part to fix it and having the unit be vulnerable. I appreciate the info!

I did buy the control board from appliance pros. Very simple to replace the control board. Note how the door cover is attached before removing the last screw. You can complete in less than 30 minutes. I didn't find any additional info about the part failure.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply