Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmacklin2  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 12:29:31 PM(UTC)
kmacklin2

Groups: Registered

I accidentally pushed the "Clean" button, then "Cancel" and proceeded to push "Bake" and set the temperature. About 2 minutes later it started beeping and displayed "F8". I cancelled it and about 1-2 minutes later it started again. I cancelled both ovens (as directed in manual) with the same result. We then tried flipping the breaker to see it that would reset it. The "lock" light came on when we turned the power back on and I set the temperature - it flashed F1 after 1-2 minutes. Last attempt was to turn the power off for a longer time. After a few hours, I turned it back on and again got the "lock" light and then "F8".

In addition, about 6 months ago the convection portion of the top oven stopped working. We believe the oven is approximately 7 years old. We would not like to spend more than necessary, but are not sure how involved our problems are and whether we should repair or replace it. We can live without the convection portion depending on the total expense of the repairs. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.