Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
srussell144  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2010 10:30:45 AM(UTC)
srussell144

Groups: Registered

Have seen two other posts similiar to this. One answered by Gene. I was changing the lights on the microwave and did not unplug it. The microwave light popped and burned out both lights. Now the fan and the lights don't work. Seems that other responses indicate that this is a control board problem. Replacement part is $150 approximately. There was also another answer where you could solder a wire on the control board to make the fans and the lights work again. Obviously I would like to go with the soldering route to save some $. Can you advise how to do this and what gauge of wire to use?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2010 11:24:59 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Check this first.
: Part number: AP2631556
srussell144  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2010 5:01:39 PM(UTC)
srussell144

Thanks for the tip on checking the fuse. My dad will be fixing it. Can you advise a manual that would help in locating the part in the microwave?
Thanks.
magician59  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2010 8:22:20 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

This is all I came up with. But usually, the fuse is installed in line with the power core, just inside the cabinet.
Replacement parts for General Electric RVM1435BD002 Counter top microwave | AppliancePartsPros.com
Mickey1973  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 1:38:56 AM(UTC)
Mickey1973

Originally Posted by: srussell144 Go to Quoted Post
Have seen two other posts similiar to this. One answered by Gene. I was changing the lights on the microwave and did not unplug it. The microwave light popped and burned out both lights. Now the fan and the lights don't work. Seems that other responses indicate that this is a control board problem. Replacement part is $150 approximately. There was also another answer where you could solder a wire on the control board to make the fans and the lights work again. Obviously I would like to go with the soldering route to save some $. Can you advise how to do this and what gauge of wire to use?

This very same thing happened to me. Would you mind telling me what worked for you?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply