Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
julieb  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2007 1:53:18 PM(UTC)
julieb

Groups: Registered

Ok, so I am not stupid - I actually used to be a dispatcher for Maycor, so I know a little bit about troubleshooting appliances. But this one has had the factory service guys stumped too.

I took off the door cover and access panels to try to find the source of leaking water. While it is running you can look into the place where the door liner sits inside the tub and see water swirling. Sometimes, though it swirls over the edge and spills out. (It's NOT overfilling.) The repair guy came out and he was stumped. The guy at his headquarters that he was on the phone with was stumped. For lack of anything else to do, they replaced the door liner. This fixed it (???) while he was here. The very next time I ran it, it leaked, so obviously, it DIDN'T fix it. I've been narrowing it down myself...

I think the water is actually coming through the vent holes in the bottom of the door. I thought maybe (since I have very hard water) my spray arm was clogged, making it spray wierdly. I just took it off, and it looks fine. BUT I am wondering...is it supposed to be water tight on the seams along the side? Do I possibly need a new spray arm? I am thinking maybe water is shooting out the end of the arm (rather than just the holes) and coming out those vents.

Sorry for the LONG story...please somebody help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 1:27:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Check if the tower protector (#2 on the dish rack break down diagram) and the water diffuser (#11 on the dish rack break down diagram) are in place.

Check if the vent screen (#12 on the inner door break down diagram) is not clogged.

- Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool dishwasher Model DU840SWKQ0

Gene.
julieb  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 7:18:20 AM(UTC)
julieb

nope, they're all fine. Also, here's a further clarification of symptoms.

It seems to leak worse the longer it washes. In other words, it's dry on the first pre-rinse and beginning of light wash, but by the end, water is just really dripping heavily. This is most likely the reason is seemed to stay dry while the serviceman was here. He didn't run a full cycle.

Hope that helps, and thanks for YOUR help.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 10:56:39 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Unfortunately this is beyond my expertise.

Hopefully someone else on the forum could help you to solve this problem.

Gene.
misterfixall  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 6:49:49 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

its possible there is an excessive amount of water accumalating in tub .there shoud be about 2 1/2 inches of water . check level of water when it starts to leak. does the water drain completly when you cancel it.if this machine has float cup +switch .check to see float cup is not clogged with detergent . that can fool the water valve to stay open longer
Guelder  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 2:42:27 PM(UTC)
Guelder

Did you ever figure put what the issue was?