Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scotchdrnkr  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 5:45:29 AM(UTC)
scotchdrnkr

Groups: Registered

My friends have a Whirlpool rf386pxgq2 range oven.
They put it on clean cycle and after 6 1/2 hours it did not want to shut off. So they unplugged it and let it sit for a day. They plugged it back it in. They did not see any error codes. And everything seems to work EXCEPT for the heating element in the oven. Broiler works fine. I checked the heating element with the meter and it needed replacing so I replaced it. But it still does not work.

There does not seem to be any electricity getting to the heating element. Pulled off the back and did not see anything unusual. No broken wires or burnt looking switches or connections.
I figured if the thermal fuse was bad the broiler would not work either so I haven't actually checked that with a meter. Does the thermal fuse only control the oven element or both the broiler & the oven?

If its something in the control panel does the whole panel need to be replaced? ($300+/-). To me it looks like the whole control panel is a single unit & would have to be replaced as such but I wanted to check first for other suggestions. They don't want to spend the $ on the control panel & I can't say as I blame them since you can buy a brand new unit for a few more $.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.