Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
belmore  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:59:47 AM(UTC)
belmore

Groups: Registered

Wife noticed center partition of this dbl dr frig very hot. Tech came out and said the Electronic Control was not functioning properly and caused the fan to run at a slow speed therfore not keeping the (whats ever in there) cool. He said I needed the part #2307028 replaced (Electronic Control).

I think I see where the part is housed. Can you tell me if it is something that can be replaced by me. I am pretty handy about putting things back together, but does anything have to be re-set with some type of metering before the new board works properly.

It looks like the board is housed in a gray plastic box. If it is a simple replacement, can you give me instructions on how to proceed to get to where the board is housed? Your company has the part and I can save about $220.00 by doing it myself.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2007 2:03:17 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Your model # doesn't work, please check.
Measure freezer and fridge temperatures, and post.
Is the middle trim between freezer and fridg sections the item getting hot, if so you probably have a bad condenser fan or clogged condenser coils all in the back behind the panel.
belmore  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2007 6:30:41 AM(UTC)
belmore

I had a repair man out and he said the electrontic control board that controls the condensor fan needed to be replaced. The center post gets very hot. The model number of my frig is KSCS251N5500 and the serial # is SR3255505. The frig is only 2-1/2 yrs old and ******************.co say they do not carry the part which is 2307028 and when I go onto kitchenaid.com, it shows that this is the right part number for the electronic control board for the model & serial # I have.

Do you think the repair man might be trying to sell me a electronic board instead of a fan and is there any way to know for sure.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2007 2:43:17 PM(UTC)
richappy

I have replaced a few of these motors. Looks like a standard 115 volt motor they sell here for $30 part # AP3120994
Pull the wires to your old motor and stick in 115 volts, if motor does not run just get a new one at this site, if not, yes you will need a new control board.
While waiting, would be a good idea to stick a portable fan at the back to cool off the fridg.
billiardlo  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 6:14:55 PM(UTC)
billiardlo

My Kitcheaid refrigerator MODEL # KSCS25INSS00
SERIAL # SR2433331 IS ALSO NOT WORKING PROPERLY.
I checked the compressor fan and it does not have power (115v) going to it.
Where does the power come from and what is the most likely problem?
The frame around the doors are extremely hot.
Additionally, I used to hear a "vacuum noise" when I closed the freezer door, but no more, since this is other problem arose. Could it be this electronic control & where is it found on/in the refrigerator?
Thanks
Sabey  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 9:05:39 AM(UTC)
Sabey

Did you ever figure out what was wrong, cause I am having the exact same problems as you.

Originally Posted by: billiardlo Go to Quoted Post
My Kitcheaid refrigerator MODEL # KSCS25INSS00
SERIAL # SR2433331 IS ALSO NOT WORKING PROPERLY.
I checked the compressor fan and it does not have power (115v) going to it.
Where does the power come from and what is the most likely problem?
The frame around the doors are extremely hot.
Additionally, I used to hear a "vacuum noise" when I closed the freezer door, but no more, since this is other problem arose. Could it be this electronic control & where is it found on/in the refrigerator?
Thanks
coxwain  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 10:08:47 AM(UTC)
coxwain

i just ordered the control board readout which is the wrong one. I need the upper unit control board 2303934 replaced with 230728 for KSSC48QMS01

When i get it I will let you know how I make out. but same thing, fan is not turning on or getting power unless I am in diagnostic mode.
DanP  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:02:06 PM(UTC)
DanP

I am having trouble with the same model (KSCS25INSS00) and can tell you for certain it does not use a 115V motor. It uses a DC motor.

I replaced both the condenser fan motor and the inverter board and am still having trouble. A Whirlpool authorized service tech recommended I replace the inverter board when a new fan did not fix the problem. The condenser has been cleaned.

The fridge works fine when I leave a small house fan blowing on the compressor but am unable to figure out a permanent fix.
coxwain  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:20:45 PM(UTC)
coxwain

I replaced the control board as mentioned above the condenser u it and thatfixed theproblem. However the location of that board on top of the condenser will keep high heat on the board and increase the rateof failure.

I'm not sure if you havethe same set up or not. But that was my fix.
richappy  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2012 1:02:32 AM(UTC)
richappy

As long as you keep the condenser clean, the area should not get above 100 degrees unless the room temperature is really high.