Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DavZe  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:32:28 PM(UTC)
DavZe

Groups: Registered

Greetings,
I have a Bosch dishwasher model number SHU430UC/U11. The door on the detergent dispenser will not stay closed. Sometimes I can get it to stay closed if I push down on it while I slide it over to the side, but most of the time it just pops back open.

I have found that there are several parts available, such as a new tray door, a repair kit with a new plastic pin/latch, as well as a whole new dispenser. I am unclear on which part is needed to fix this unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, DavZe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 4:09:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi DavZe,

If the side rails are not damaged, you can order the cup latch kit and the lid. Otherwise you have to replace the whole dispenser.

- The detergent cup latch Part number: 166630
Part number: 166630

- The lid Part number: 166621
Part number: 166621

- The dispenser assembly Part number: 263088
Part number: 263088

Gene.
DavZe  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 10:44:01 PM(UTC)
DavZe

Gene,
Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
If the side rails are not damaged, you can order the cup latch kit and the lid. Otherwise you have to replace the whole dispenser.

Thank you for the reply. I took a closer look at the rails of the dispenser. Both sides have a little warpage to them. I can press this down with my thumb. However, the warped spot pops back up after a few seconds. Is it likely that this is the problem that's keeping the lid from staying closed?

Thanks again, DavZe
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 8:55:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

I would replace the whole dispenser. It will make the repair much more reliable.

Gene.
DavZe  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:08:34 PM(UTC)
DavZe

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
I would replace the whole dispenser. It will make the repair much more reliable.

Gene.

Thanks for your help Gene. I have a new dispenser on order.

DavZe
BrianK  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:22:37 AM(UTC)
BrianK

I had the same problem and replaced the whole dispenser. Due to excessive heat I think. The new one was a bit different than the original - some sort of venting difference. The new one leaked which I traced to the lack of a vent for some reason. So take a good look at the old one and make sure it is exactly the same and don't thow the old one out until you are sure the new one works. I then used the venting parts from the old one and put them on the new one and that fixed my problem with leaking.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:53:46 AM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome DavZe. Keep us posted.

Gene.
DavZe  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:44:28 PM(UTC)
DavZe

I'm still having problems with this unit. First off, the # 263088 dispenser specified in the model number parts listing was the incorrect part. That part number is for the vented dispenser. Our dishwasher uses the non-vented dispenser # 488964.

After Returning the part and getting the non-vented dispenser, I was able to remove the old dispenser after removing the top rack. However, I'm having difficulty getting the new dispenser installed. It seems that I can't push it in far enough for the tabs to click into place. I've tried putting a foot stool under the door to support it with a towel to protect the fascia and then pushing down on the dispenser, but it seems that I can only get one clip to pop into place.

Should I put some type of lubricant on the seal to help the dispenser snap into place? I tried wetting the seal with some water, but that didn't help. My thoughts were to try some soapy water or perhaps some silicone based lubricant might work. I have both silicone spray and AGS Sil-Glyde silicone grease. Would either of these work? What's the trick to getting the dispenser to push in far enough to get all of the tabs to click into place?

Thanks, DavZe
Simon / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:33:36 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Use the soapy water on the seal. Try to support the door from inside with flat screw driver near the tabs.

Thank you.

Simon.
DavZe  
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:19:00 AM(UTC)
DavZe

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

Use the soapy water on the seal. Try to support the door from inside with flat screw driver near the tabs.

Thank you.

Simon.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try using the screwdriver and see how it goes.

DavZe