Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nini  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:42:55 PM(UTC)
nini

Groups: Registered

Can anyone explain what's wrong with my RCA washer? It rinses and spins but doesn't wash - drum doesn't move during wash circle. I don't suppose the motor is out since it spins well. In fact, I didn't realize the washer was broken until i notice the clothes are not clean when it's done.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:21:42 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

#310 is broken, It is what drives the agitator. You have to remove the agitator(It pulls straight up,although it can be a little hard) remove the little bolt and remove the coupler.:)
nini  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:26:50 AM(UTC)
nini

Thank you, drag1998! I'm going to try to disassemble the agitator and see if i can replace the coupler as you instructed. This will be huge if i can actually fix a such giant machine!;) Will let you know the result.
nini  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 2:06:03 PM(UTC)
nini

Hi drags1998,

I couldn't pull the agitator up (assming it's suppose to be straight up from the base of the basket?). Is there a special way to pull it up? I tried to grab it from different angles (difficult to hold on to anything) and even tried standing in the basket when pulling up, but all no help other than broke my finger nails. :(

Oh, by the way, i didn't open the panels - I don't suppose I need to take apart the washer to replace the coupler??
Drags1998  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 3:38:04 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

Don't need to take anything apart, The ONLY way to do it is get your fingers under the Bottom(largest part of the agitator) and YANK!!!!!!! Be careful not to get the agitator in the KISSER !!!! (IT HURTS!!!):)
nini  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 12:17:35 PM(UTC)
nini

Somebody in another site told me to fill the tub with hot water before yank the agitator up using a rope and a 2x4 wood stick and it worked!! The couplering was fine (although the screw was quite rusted), but i did see some bobby pins and half earings stuck in the bottom of the drum. After removing those stuff the agitator moves and my washer is back to normal now. Unbelivable, i don't even need to order any parts!!
Anyway, thank you so much for helping me identify and solve the problem.:D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply