Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mhinkle  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 9:39:28 AM(UTC)
mhinkle

Groups: Registered

Hi,
We have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer & Dryer.
The washer model number is WTW6600SW0.
Everytime it spins at the end of wash cycle, we get the offbalance code (UL) on the display and it quits spinning. We constantly have to adjust the clothes in the tub to try and make it work, but it did not do this previously--it only started after we had it in storage for about a year then moved it and began using it again.
When it spins, it seems to go ok for a while, then starts bouncing up and down and that's when it gets the UL and stops.
I don't recall it bouncing before--is there some part missing that is not holding it down or something??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 11:38:52 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.
Using the putty knife open two clips holding the top in front and raise it. Check the suspension rods and balls.
Also check all the plugs at the control board and the motor.

The suspension rods kit Part number: W10189077
Part number: W10189077

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool WTW6600SW0 AUTOMATIC WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
mhinkle  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 1:10:51 PM(UTC)
mhinkle

Hi Simon,
thanks for the quick response!:)

In your response, it says to "...use a 'potty' knife (did you mean putty knife? :p)
and open two clips holding the top and raise it..."
Are the clips in the front or rear of the top lid?

Do you really think this is something I (a novice) can do myself?
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 1:29:41 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Ops...
It's putty knife and the clips are in the front.

It's not difficult to replace this parts if needed.

Simon.
mhinkle  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:03:50 AM(UTC)
mhinkle

Thanks again Simon,
After your response, I looked up the parts and found some other sellers who were cheaper and eventually bought some on e b a y .
THEN, I found a great video to show how easy it is...

Cabrio/Oasis Washer Suspension Rods Replacement (part #W10189077) - YouTube

Thanks for giving me the confidence to attempt it myself!
I'll try to remember to post my results when I get the parts in!
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:27:39 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are welcome and thank you for shearing the useful info with us.

Simon.
mhinkle  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:46:34 AM(UTC)
mhinkle

Hello to all,
and thanks so much for this great forum!
Without your advice and support I would have never attempted this by myself but it WAS as easy as described.
Using the video I posted earlier it was easy to learn how to do the repair.
I can tell everyone to give this a try if your machine is constantly off-balance; ours is completely back to normal and quiet, working great.
It actually took us about 45 minutes and I had my wife help me because I couldn't get my arm in low enough to get the old springs out.
Getting the new ones in was easy for me because you don't have to reach so low to disengage the clips.
My biggest tip for everyone is to pull out a couple of the old springs at a time instead of one-at-a-time like the video showed because it allows you more room to move the tub around and get your arm low enough to disengage the old rods/springs.
Also, pulling the rod/spring back up high enough to get the top clip on take some fairly decent strength, but don't let that keep you from trying this!
Good Luck.
Simon / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:03:07 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are very welcome and thank you for shearing this knowledge with us.

Simon.
emsfan  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 6:42:34 PM(UTC)
emsfan

Hello,
We had the same problem as mhinkle with our whirlpool cabrio washer wtw6600sw2, I followed the advice given in this forum and ordered the suspension rod kit. After watching the instructional video which was listed in this forum, the removal and installation of the suspension rods was relatively painless. And the washer works! Thanks for the advice and providing the instructional video.
angxpink  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 5:21:38 PM(UTC)
angxpink

I have a maytag bravo top load washer. Which seems to be a very similar model. I bought it used from an appliance repair person. It worked fine until I moved from Oklahoma to Ohio I didn't use it for a couple months while settling in and now ever since it does the same thing the original post described. I get the UL code. Not every time but about 90% and it doesn't seem to matter on the load an I try to re disperse the clothes. It's so annoying!! I've opened the washer and the rods aren't broken or anything. How would I know if they need replaced?? I feel like it's got to be a simple fix but not sure what to look for and I don't really want to pay $70+ to have someone come out and tell me oh well that's simple this is all it needs. Lmao. So if I can do it myself I'd prefer to do so just not sure how to trouble shoot what the issue is