Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CARLOSSWIM18  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:15:13 PM(UTC)
CARLOSSWIM18

Groups: Registered

I have done everything, yet once I introduce the filter all the way in, and try to turn it clockwise, this will no turn AT ALL, so what's wrong? It does it fine on the old, damage, housing.
Joe / APP Team  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 5:49:32 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CARLOSSWIM18 Go to Quoted Post
I have done everything, yet once I introduce the filter all the way in, and try to turn it clockwise, this will no turn AT ALL, so what's wrong? It does it fine on the old, damage, housing.

Carlos,

Is this the filter you orderred,

Part number: AP3182816
Part number: AP3182816

You are removing the red cap off the end of the filter,

If the filter fits, but won't twist and lock in place, you may want to put a very, very thin coat of "vaseline" or cooking oil on the spout and "O" rings, to ease the install and twist.

You may also need the check the inside diameter of the new filter housing for "slag" or an obstruction.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
dadofmo  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 5:33:10 PM(UTC)
dadofmo

I bought a replacement filter housing part. I took off the plastic kick plate. I removed the 2 screws but the old filter housing will not fit through the opening to the front. I then removed the metal plate at the bottom of the back side of the refrigerator. The old filter housing can't come out there either...it just won't fit coming out the front or the back. Any advise is appreciated.

Scott
Joe / APP Team  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:56:08 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Scott,
You didn't supply a model number for your fridge. Most Whirlpool refrigerators use the same filter system, and you've approached the repair pretty much the way it should have been. We are sending you some basic information so you can recheck or double check your procedure.

Good Luck and Thanks,

Bleach Dispenser.JPG
File Attachment(s):
Binder1.pdf (170kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
dadofmo  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:02:37 AM(UTC)
dadofmo

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Scott,
You didn't supply a model number for your fridge. Most Whirlpool refrigerators use the same filter system, and you've approached the repair pretty much the way it should have been. We are sending you some basic information so you can recheck or double check your procedure.

Good Luck and Thanks,

Bleach Dispenser.JPG

Thanks for your prompt reply. My Refrigerator is a Whirlpool GC5SHEXNB03. If you have specific instructions on how to replace the water filter housing for that model, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks.
Scott
Joe / APP Team  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:12:05 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Scott,
Sorry, but the basic service manual for the model number you supplied, does not have specific filter housing removal or replacement information.

Other than having the proper part number

Part number: AP4369676

and following the information you recieved in the previous post, and the work you've already performed, ( you may need to "tap" the backside of the filter, to move it towards the front of the fridge ), you should be fine.

Thanks Again,
dadofmo  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:17:23 AM(UTC)
dadofmo

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Scott,
Sorry, but the basic service manual for the model number you supplied, does not have specific filter housing removal or replacement information.

Other than having the proper part number

and following the information you recieved in the previous post, and the work you've already performed, ( you may need to "tap" the backside of the filter, to move it towards the front of the fridge ), you should be fine.

Thanks Again,

Thanks again for prompt reply. It just comes down to the opening the filter housing must fit through to pull it from the front is smaller than the front side of the filter housing. I've tried to rotate it, move it, etc. and it simply won't fit. I might try to call Whirlpool to see what they say. I have the part, I have the tools and it seems so simple but just can't get it done.

Scott
Joe / APP Team  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:21:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: dadofmo Go to Quoted Post
Thanks again for prompt reply. It just comes down to the opening the filter housing must fit through to pull it from the front is smaller than the front side of the filter housing. I've tried to rotate it, move it, etc. and it simply won't fit. I might try to call Whirlpool to see what they say. I have the part, I have the tools and it seems so simple but just can't get it done.

Scott

Scott,
You're correct, once you remove the water lines from the connectors on the back side of the filter housing, remove the two screws in the front frame, you can usually just pull the assembly out the front, you may need to twist and turn it, to extract it, but usually nothing major.
We wish we had more information, but that's all we have. Let us know what you needed to do, That way everyone reviewing the Repair Forum can refer to it, if they have a similar issue.

Thanks Again,