Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tommy.elliott  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:33:13 AM(UTC)
tommy.elliott

Groups: Registered

Okay, so I am trying to determine which part I need to replace:

The issue I am having started off very slowly but over the last year it has made my dishwasher completely unusable. At first it worked just fine, but now I am getting no lights or any kind of response from the button panel at all.

For a while there I would have to try a few times to get the dishwasher to cut on. When I say try a few times I mean I would have to push the Auto Clean button and then Start/Cancel button AND hope the lights would come on and the dishwasher would start washing. As time went on, I noticed I was spending more and more time just trying to get the dishwasher lights to come on and cycle to start with less successful results. Eventually, the lights would not come on at all anymore but the dishwasher would still run through its cycle every now and then even though the lights would never come one anymore. Now I get no lights and the dishwasher will not run through a cycle at all.

I have tried the following:

• Reset the circuit at the break box in my house
  • Verified 120 volts is going to the dishwasher in the electrical housing box underneath when the circuit is on and no power goes to the dishwasher when the circuit is off(A single 20 amp breaker is being used)
  • Took the dishwasher apart and cleaned all parts underneath and cleaned the drain out in case of any clogs
  • Unplugged and securely replugged/reseated all cables going to the Circuit Board
I am still getting no lights or anything from the Button Panel. Three things I have found through doing some research are possible reset sequences for this Button Panel:

• Push Hi Temp then Heated Dry (Repeat this process x3)
  • Push Normal then Heated Dry (Repeat this process x3)
  • Hold down Heated Dry for 5 seconds
I am going to try all 3 of these options as soon as I get home but I am curious if there is ANY OTHER way to determine if it is the Button Panel or the Control Board. Maybe with a volt meter to a certain location on the Control Board?

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR THIS ISSUE:
Parts and Diagrams = Replacement parts for Maytag MDB8951BWS10 UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com
User Manual = Jenn-Air Instructions - W10157789.pdf

Thanks,
Tommy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.